Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] I need help!

Fault Tollerance Heap

(1/2) > >>

James Vella:
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000678431

"Windows enabled 'Fault Tolerant Heap' for 3dsmax or dependent processes. This may have severe performance impact on Corona. Please follow the link to learn how to solve the problem."

This information is listed in the help - I passed this on to our IT team as we have this message on every workstation and random crashes which means we are missing some of our deadlines. However - they told me that this is something the Corona team should be looking into as the FTH is there to help windows in these situations. It seems odd to me that any software would require changing system properties to work correctly?

Any insight into this would be much appreciated

Ondra:
It is there to help badly written software (3dsmax, communications centre, ... - but not Corona) with crashes, but at cost of 100-1000 times slowdown of the entire process (including Corona as it runs inside 3dsmax) - which is why we recommend disabling it. Corona by itself does not need FTH, and even FTH cannot help badly written software most of the times

James Vella:
Thank you for the information, ill pass this on

amitgedia1980:
So do you think we should disable FTH according to the help document. Will it have any impact on 3dsmax as a whole or will it not matter.
Because I am getting this FTH error with 3dsmax 2020 and Corona 10 RC1.

romullus:
I disable FTH the moment i get first warning message about it - never had issues because of that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version