Author Topic: ideal Graphics card for Corona renderer  (Read 2760 times)

2021-03-16, 12:15:25

sailor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I need some advice as to which one of graphics card I should get, Nvidia Geforce RTX or Quadro. I've been using Quadro for many years and my current one is Quadro P2000 which is quite old so am thinking to get a new PC, the following link is a base model.
https://www.dospara.co.jp/5goods_pc/pc_bto.php?h=d&f=d&m=pc&tg=13&mc=9630&sn=4135&vn=1&lf=0

The default graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6. Is it any good for Corona?
I use PC only for rendering and daily browsing, etc, never play any games at all. Is there anything else other than those two you would recommend? Please advise.

2021-03-16, 13:37:43
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Just as a note on the "is it any good for Corona?" - the graphics card makes almost no difference to Corona at all, except for whether or not you can run the NVIDIA AI Denoiser (which is mostly just for when using IR). When it comes to the denoiser, even my old 980 Ti does fine :)

The only other issue with the graphics card is how well it handles the host software (Max / C4D) viewport.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-03-16, 15:32:46
Reply #2

sailor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks, Tom. good to know no difference to Corona. I'll do a little more research.