Author Topic: strange IES spotlight  (Read 2428 times)

2018-07-29, 16:58:26

Luminaire

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm trying to use IES profiles for ETC Source 4 stage lights.  When I render out a spot, it also comes with a a dim square around the spot on the floor (see attached file).  Is it possible to get rid of the square?

Also, how do I attach an image to the light source so I can project it?

Thanks very much.

2018-07-30, 12:09:32
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Are you using the IES files which are bundled with Corona? Can you share this scene with us (with assets included)? https://corona-renderer.com/upload
I don't think this is expected...
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-07-30, 20:07:54
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
It's not happening for me with the IES profiles provided with Corona (and using a CoronaLight, haven't tested other light types) - I am getting the expected results.

On the second question, simply drop a CoronaBitmap into the Texmap slot in the Color options for the CoronaLight (and check the button next to Texmap). Depending on how sharp you want the projection to be, you may need to increase Directionality (but be aware that higher Directionality means more noise, so longer render times) - in the example below, so that the pattern was visible I raised Directionality to 0.9, which is very high :)

Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2018-07-31, 07:40:14
Reply #3

Luminaire

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Are you using the IES files which are bundled with Corona? Can you share this scene with us (with assets included)? https://corona-renderer.com/upload
I don't think this is expected...
No; these IES files were from ETC; Source4 stage lights.  I use them frequently; first time I have seen this.  Will upload files.

2018-07-31, 07:42:05
Reply #4

Luminaire

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's not happening for me with the IES profiles provided with Corona (and using a CoronaLight, haven't tested other light types) - I am getting the expected results.

On the second question, simply drop a CoronaBitmap into the Texmap slot in the Color options for the CoronaLight (and check the button next to Texmap). Depending on how sharp you want the projection to be, you may need to increase Directionality (but be aware that higher Directionality means more noise, so longer render times) - in the example below, so that the pattern was visible I raised Directionality to 0.9, which is very high :)

Thank you!

2018-07-31, 12:02:11
Reply #5

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Slightly OT, but is directionality embedded into or taken into account when using HDRI's as environment lights? If not, would having directionality controls make any sort of real world render mood difference (either for HDRI's or Corona sun/sky as main light sources?)
Vray who?