Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Resolved Bugs

Corona 8 color picker taking too long to load

(1/3) > >>

Basshunter:
New color picker is taking more than 4 secs to open!
This makes it really difficult to use.

TomG:
Can you share more details such as which version of Max, which version of Windows, and just in case it may happen to have any relevance, what language/localisation Windows is set to use. Last, just to check, can you share the workflow, e.g. where you are opening the color picker from, just in case that plays a part too. Sorry for the current inconvenience and thanks for any extra information you can give!

Basshunter:
Hi Tom!

Sure! I'm using Windows 10 and 3ds Max 2022. Language is English (USA).
I have my slate material windows open and whenever I click on the color of any material, it takes mora than 4 seconds to open the color picker. This happens with simple materials with no textures and with more complex ones. It also happens regardless RT is running or not.

Please feel free to request any additional detail you need.

TomG:
Very strange, not happening here and I was able to test in Max 2022 (and was already using Win 10, and English USA), both 2022 and 2023 open instantly for me e.g. the Base Color of a Corona Phys Mat (in a scene that just has a cube, a sun, and the Phys Mat applied to the cube - no IR, nor viewport IR). I will have to leave it to the support folks to dive into more about what could be causing this, as can't think of anything myself, sorry.

freelancer83d:
Hello,
I also have a delay of about 2 seconds when opening the new color picker window to adjust the color. Classic 3ds max color picker doesn't have this delay when opening. The delay occurs anywhere in the interface, not only when changing the color in the material, even when need to change the color of the primitive to something different from the standard one.
I'm using Windows 10 and 3ds Max 2022, compact material editor.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version