Author Topic: Corona Out of Core Textures  (Read 1635 times)

2023-03-13, 23:50:04

usmangs

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This has recently started happening in our office, where some of the PC's user keeps changing changing to another one on the network and we get an error when opening a file. We have to constantly go into corona system settings and change the user name there. Any ideas why or how is this even happening ? Its not like we are opening files which were saved on that specific user's PC, but its in all files.

2023-03-13, 23:51:04
Reply #1

usmangs

• Active Users
    • View Profile
this one didnt attach before

2023-03-20, 05:30:00
Reply #2

usmangs

• Active Users
    • View Profile
any help on this ?

2023-03-20, 11:09:00
Reply #3

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

Can you please make sure that there is enough free space for Out-of-core textures to be stored in that location?
Also user accounts on the machine should have the correct access rights to perform read/write to that directory.

First make sure there is enough free space to store Out-of-core textures, then run 3ds Max with administrator right and see if the error still appears.
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us

2023-03-20, 23:41:43
Reply #4

usmangs

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, sorry I think you might have misunderstood what the issue is. The issue is not with not having free space but the user directory keeps changing on all PC's. My PC name is usman but the path is going to "Sajith" who is on another PC. Due to this change we get error every time we open max as that user is not available on my PC. I have changed it a few times but keeps coming back randomly.

and this happening across multiple computers in our office and all of them keeps changing to "Sajith"'s username.

2023-03-22, 09:47:30
Reply #5

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
As I understand you have the scene on a network drive, and multiple machines with different usernames are able to open it, right?
Do you happen to open the same scene on different machines simultaneously?
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us

2023-03-23, 23:56:25
Reply #6

usmangs

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes the scene are on a network drive, but this username change appears on files even though its not being opened up on that "Sajith" computer at all. We all work on different projects so not at any point 2 people will have the same file open or 2 people will open same file at different times. Multiple people have reported in the office that they received this error and it was always changed to "Sajith".

2023-03-27, 12:33:31
Reply #7

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

This particular setting is stored in the system settings, and it should not be scene dependant. I'm not sure how this is managing to get overwritten and saved in the scene.

Are you, by chance sharing some system settings between systems?

Could you try to delete this file, Corona will create a new one with defaults on the next 3ds max launch. Maybe this will fix the issue.

The path where the file is saved is here "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2023 - 64bit\ENU\en-US\plugcfg\corona\SystemSettings-XXXXXXX.conf"

Cheers,

Rowan

Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2023-08-10, 16:44:43
Reply #8

MetricaVisuals

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • https://metricavisuals.com/
Hi, we are finding the same issue were a user saves a file (pc1) another user loads that file (pc2) and corona gives us a warning that out of core folder cannot be found becouse it is looking for user pc1 on the Pc2... we have plenty of free hard drive space..
Corona 10.1   Max 2023.3.3

2023-08-14, 10:17:05
Reply #9

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

Did you try the fix I suggested above?

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2023-09-25, 06:04:47
Reply #10

usmangs

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I did give that a try and it creates a new file with the correct username when we next reload, but its after some time that it gives the same error. We noticed it also comes when we use Pulze Render Manager to render on these machines, so may be the cause of error is from Pulze and not corona.

2023-09-25, 09:10:22
Reply #11

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Perhaps Pulze passes all settings from one computer to another? If that's the case, then my question would be: has it ever happened when not using Pulze?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2023-10-05, 00:55:50
Reply #12

usmangs

• Active Users
    • View Profile
nah it only happens with using Pulze. As when we finish work we turn on pulze render manager and if it renders anything over night the next day when opening max we will get that error

2023-10-05, 11:57:19
Reply #13

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
We are discussing this with the Pulze team.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us