Author Topic: Corona Renderer 7 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 175772 times)

2020-10-02, 09:53:08
Reply #15

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi
I am posting although I am using the hotfix 1 which I guess is the daily build from 16.09 or almost the same.

Is the DR rendering problematic again?
I am getting some stange unhalted exceptions and freezing of the 3dsmax.

Hi,

Please can you send the scene and some reproduction steps? Also which Max version are you using?

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2020-10-03, 20:40:39
Reply #16

James Vella

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I noticed on the blog that this could be potentially node based. I hope this is not true, the layer based approach in the new vray vfb is very powerful and a simple approach. Either that or have both options (layer based for normal users, nodes for super users for example)? Maybe a poll on this would be a good idea because I'm sure its just bias on my side. My thinking is that nodes are great for creating pipelines but artists are also comfortable with layer based systems because of the intuitive nature of working with photoshop and blend modes etc. I have always liked corona for its simple first philosophy.

My 2 cents.

2020-10-04, 17:55:57
Reply #17

Abdullah_Alallah

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i have a question about the tonemapping. anyone has any idea over if it will or if will ever be something like what Fstorm is? since its almost the most photolike toenmapping that exsict till this day. so will it be easier for users? or will it be photolike and more accurate to render on?

2020-10-04, 19:40:36
Reply #18

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Would it be possible to look at some user tweaking for the new sky model? Turbidity or more specifically negative turbidity if there is such a thing. The default blue of the sky is fine but being able to make it more of a rich darker colour like we see on a clear sunny day would really help add some extra punch to a scenes contrast and blue tint to glazing etc. This can be achieved with HDRIs but of course you don't get the flexiblity of sun position there. Thanks

2020-10-05, 01:19:45
Reply #19

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
OH NO NOT NODE BASED PLEASE!!!

I noticed on the blog that this could be potentially node based. I hope this is not true, the layer based approach in the new vray vfb is very powerful and a simple approach. Either that or have both options (layer based for normal users, nodes for super users for example)? Maybe a poll on this would be a good idea because I'm sure its just bias on my side. My thinking is that nodes are great for creating pipelines but artists are also comfortable with layer based systems because of the intuitive nature of working with photoshop and blend modes etc. I have always liked corona for its simple first philosophy.

My 2 cents.

2020-10-05, 02:35:52
Reply #20

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Would it be possible to look at some user tweaking for the new sky model? Turbidity or more specifically negative turbidity if there is such a thing. The default blue of the sky is fine but being able to make it more of a rich darker colour like we see on a clear sunny day would really help add some extra punch to a scenes contrast and blue tint to glazing etc. This can be achieved with HDRIs but of course you don't get the flexiblity of sun position there. Thanks

Change the color of the ground for the coronaSky. That gives you a nice control too. RenderLegion shoild call it different so people start using it.

2020-10-08, 00:23:36
Reply #21

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've been waiting for 'corona slice' since it went on the trello list since at least 2017. That's a long time to keep pushing a feature :(

Though tyslice is better than the default slice modifier, it's nowhere near as feature-rich as vrayclipper. Corona decision makers... throw us non-arch/viz users a bone once in a while.

That request has been there since beta version 0.7 and its never made it out of the 'future features' list. Its really useful for archviz users as well. Makes creating floorplans and section cuts an absolute breeze.

2020-10-08, 00:57:07
Reply #22

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yep im going to bump this one again - very much needed for our services.

I've been waiting for 'corona slice' since it went on the trello list since at least 2017. That's a long time to keep pushing a feature :(

Though tyslice is better than the default slice modifier, it's nowhere near as feature-rich as vrayclipper. Corona decision makers... throw us non-arch/viz users a bone once in a while.

That request has been there since beta version 0.7 and its never made it out of the 'future features' list. Its really useful for archviz users as well. Makes creating floorplans and section cuts an absolute breeze.

2020-10-14, 17:27:44
Reply #23

sebastian___

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Where does it say on the blog it could be node based ?
But node based are not that scary, and you could do more things with nodes and it can be actually more intuitive than layer based. Or maybe it could be in both options, like Combustion was.
And you could arrange the nodes to resemble the arrangements of typical layers. So there, now it looks just like layers:

OH NO NOT NODE BASED PLEASE!!!

2020-10-14, 17:33:40
Reply #24

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Where does it say on the blog it could be node based ?

Ctrl+F magic ;)
We’re also thinking about making the tone mapping into something node based.
Source: https://blog.corona-renderer.com/behind-the-scenes-an-early-look-at-corona-renderer-7/
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-10-14, 21:44:06
Reply #25

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Node based tonemapping sounds great. Ive been doing alot in fusion recently and really like the workflow.

2020-10-14, 23:17:02
Reply #26

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm ok with nodes. Don't see anything wrong with it.
I wouldn't be able to go back to the compact material editor for example.
I'm in.

2020-10-15, 10:56:48
Reply #27

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm in.

Yeah i agree im never going back to compact. Its so counterproductive not being able to see a whole material graph. I just had to force myself to learn how to use the SME.

2020-10-15, 11:03:28
Reply #28

Kyle

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm in.

Yeah i agree im never going back to compact. Its so counterproductive not being able to see a whole material graph. I just had to force myself to learn how to use the SME.

I'm the same, used the compact material editor for years, finally convinced myself to use SME and never looked back.  Well tried to use the compact material editor a couple of times to show work colleagues a material who still use it but it seems so illogical now hard to find where you are within a material.

2020-10-15, 13:22:46
Reply #29

jms.lwly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • jms.lwly studio
Node based tonemapping sounds great. Ive been doing alot in fusion recently and really like the workflow.

I'm in.

+1

I'm always surprised when I see amazing artist tutorials and they're still using Compact...  likewise, used Fusion for a few short animations and really enjoyed the node-based approach.