Author Topic: what is the most accurate software for cpu temperature monitor ?  (Read 4157 times)

2015-09-01, 05:10:09

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
hi guys, I need some help.. just like the title said, can you give me suggestion for the best cpu temp monitor software?
first time using coretemp software (www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/), I just shocked this morning because my i7-4770 got 95celcius while rendering and 40celcius while idle.

2015-09-01, 07:48:50
Reply #1

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
All should work more or less the same due to the  same consistent sensor readouts. Can't remember which but some readings are presumed / calculated although as far as I know you shouldn't see different results with different software.

That 95 degrees is super close to the tjunc of your CPU... Better get it sorted asap!

Also, my i7 4790k is hovering around 30ish when idle so that might be off as well. Had a similar experience with a Q8200 which was actually running so hot for so long (years+) that the thermal paste was completely vaporized. Once I reapplied it the temperature dropped by like 15-20 degrees... With that said though, it isn't always the case as if your paste is still going strong reapplying it won't change much.

edit: If you want to try another software, I am using HWMonitor. Super similar to CoreTemp which is bugging out on me for some reason.
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2015-09-07, 10:42:09
Reply #2

Jann

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I just shocked this morning because my i7-4770 got 95celcius while rendering and 40celcius while idle.
If you're using stock cooler then that's not really surprising. Also depends on your case and amount of cooling it has.
Just post your cooler and case info or photo from inside the case and we can see what can be improved ;)

2015-09-07, 11:26:33
Reply #3

CiroC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
I get 37 iddle and the worst I get while rendering or gaming is 70. I don't know if that is bad or not.

2015-09-08, 05:39:39
Reply #4

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
sorry I missed the updates. I just changed the thermal paste and everything goes normally, I don't know why this is happen because last change is just about 4-6 months ago.
on first startup i checked bios and it shows 43celcius but then I checked the temperature with coretemp or any other similar software it shows about 31-35celcius. logically cpu should be hotter when run the OS instead of run the bios.
because of this big difference , I think I need real correct hw monitor software.. but unfortunately I can't find anything correct. maybe someone can suggest me another one ? btw thanx for nkilar suggestion.