Author Topic: Eyeball Creature  (Read 3337 times)

2012-10-21, 18:17:23

Robot

Hello guys, new here. Having lots of fun with Corona, thanks for letting us try the alpha! Amazing work that's posted here too!

I like to play around with procedural materials in my off-hours, so here's a render of an eyeball creature. It's a pretty low-detail
basemesh with Cellular/Noise displace, and cellular/smoke diffuse.
Also a quick question, I was trying to have less translucency on the veins between the eyeballs to make them pop out more, is there a way I can control that with a texture?

2012-10-21, 19:04:14
Reply #1

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Map in the translucency slot drives both translucency intensity and color, while translucency fraction defines maximal amount of translucency (what amount of translucency white pixel on translucency map represents).

So you can increase translucency fraction value, and make your map in translucency slot bit more contrasty, for example using CoronaMix Texture which has contrast and multiplier controls. Adding contrast will overall darken the image so you might need to compensate with multiplier value, or you can use different node, like color correct or something :) The point is, translucency map should be more contrasty ;)

2012-10-23, 09:14:50
Reply #2

NicolasC

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
  • CG supervisor / teacher / artist
    • View Profile
Ahaha nice one !
With Halloween coming, I guess you'll be busy :)
Nicolas Caplat
CG supervisor / teacher / artist