General Category > [Archive] Corona Scatter 2.0

Scatter with collision detection

(1/3) > >>

ChrisJ:
Scatter now has collision detection, which tests intersections with bounding boxes.
I wish this would go faster, but I have to do this in my spare time, around commuting to work for my day job.

romullus:
Nice to see progress here! I hope we can get control over overlapping, otherwise it's not very useful ;]

arqrenderz:
So nice to see the development of this great part of corona!Keep Up the good work! :)

agentdark45:
Could I put in a request to give the user the ability to change the bounding box to a more complex shape? Kind of like how Mass FX automatically calculates a simple convex / concave hull object  to fit the object better than a simple box. This is especially important when you are scattering more complexly shaped objects - you can see already that no cylinders are scattered near the teapot spout in your example due to using a simple bounding box, so there's a lot of empty space that won't be filled. Overlapping control won't really solve this as it will just cause object intersections where you don't want them to occur.

Ondra:
That would be waaaay more complicated and waaaay slower

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version