Author Topic: Can Furnet Villa  (Read 4094 times)

2018-08-08, 12:12:41

Dippndots

• Active Users
  • Alex Fagan Co-Founder at The Faction
    • View Profile
    • The Faction
Hey guys, I thought I’d show off this Villa project we just finished. We had a lot of free reign over furnishing and interior design on this, which can be a blessing and a curse, but I’m pretty happy with how it turned out.

Corona Sun+Sky did all the heavy lifting on this.

Let us know what you think!

2018-08-08, 18:55:01
Reply #1

Image Box Studios

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • IMAGE BOX STUDIOS
Amazing ....And some shots are really awesome. Pool water look nice, How you did pool water?

2018-08-08, 20:56:42
Reply #2

actrask

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • actrask.com
Very nice. My only critique would be the window glass reflections. They seem a little 'hot' and busy for lack of a better word. The last five shots or so are amazing, great job!

2018-08-09, 11:02:20
Reply #3

Dippndots

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • The Faction
Amazing ....And some shots are really awesome. Pool water look nice, How you did pool water?

Thanks Image Box, credit where credit is due on the water, I'm using the water Juraj posted on his Impremta Garden breakdown here:

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=17415.0;attach=70580;image

I tend to just adjust the absorption distance and bump map style depending on the pool.

Very nice. My only critique would be the window glass reflections. They seem a little 'hot' and busy for lack of a better word. The last five shots or so are amazing, great job!

Interesting, a lot of the open sliding glass doors, especially downstairs are 3 panels thick, adding to the reflection strength. It didn't jump out to me though, perhaps I could've lowered the IOR in response

2018-08-09, 11:52:40
Reply #4

SHORT CUTS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • SHORT CUTS
My only critique would be that all the lights are turned on in broad daylight, energy wise thats not a good thing ;)
Seriously, awesome images, good job, hope the client is happy. 

2018-08-16, 20:00:36
Reply #5

Dippndots

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • The Faction
Last one, did a blue hour shot

2018-08-28, 23:13:34
Reply #6

actrask

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • actrask.com
Yea that water is great. I like how it has a bit of volumetrics without it looking like a pool that needs to be serviced.

I'm going to google 'blue hour', but do you have a resource off hand that I could read up on that explains the concept? I'm familiar with the golden hour, but blue hour is new to me. It looks great.

2018-08-29, 09:07:23
Reply #7

mutilo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Fantastic!

2018-08-29, 17:15:05
Reply #8

Dippndots

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • The Faction
I'm going to google 'blue hour', but do you have a resource off hand that I could read up on that explains the concept? I'm familiar with the golden hour, but blue hour is new to me. It looks great.

Blue hour is when the sun is technically below the horizon, preceding dusk or dawn, and the indirect light it casts into the sky takes on a blue hue. Corona Sun+Sky can't do this yet, so you have to find an HDRI that is taken at blue hour.

2018-08-30, 23:40:23
Reply #9

actrask

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • actrask.com
Corona Sun+Sky can't do this yet, so you have to find an HDRI that is taken at blue hour.

Ah good to note. Amazing images on your site btw!

2018-08-31, 18:16:36
Reply #10

Dippndots

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • The Faction
Ah good to note. Amazing images on your site btw!

Thanks dude!