Author Topic: Chaos Corona 12 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 12610 times)

2024-04-10, 10:36:54
Reply #60

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Good idea! On it!
Done: link
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2024-04-10, 11:07:10
Reply #61

RecentSpacesSam

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2024-04-10, 12:20:11
Reply #62

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thanks all - however now that i revert back to the HOTFIX, it still crashes - but not when i select camera - after or during a render now.

Is there some diagnostic tool i can view or file dump to see where and what is causing?

2024-04-10, 13:10:09
Reply #63

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
thanks all - however now that i revert back to the HOTFIX, it still crashes - but not when i select camera - after or during a render now.

Is there some diagnostic tool i can view or file dump to see where and what is causing?

Did you save a file with a Corona 12 daily build and then load it in Corona 11? Sorry, but that won't work.
You can capture a minidump and send it to us for analysis, but if what I wrote above is your scenario, then there is nothing we could fix: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4649117083409-How-to-report-issues-3ds-Max

2024-04-11, 04:01:24
Reply #64

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hey mate - i reverted to a previous scene, imported models that i did make within the daily, and it still crashes?  not sure what to do?
i did submit a ticket - if you could please review?

Did you save a file with a Corona 12 daily build and then load it in Corona 11? Sorry, but that won't work.
You can capture a minidump and send it to us for analysis, but if what I wrote above is your scenario, then there is nothing we could fix: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4649117083409-How-to-report-issues-3ds-Max
« Last Edit: 2024-04-11, 04:13:22 by shortcirkuit »

2024-04-11, 08:59:55
Reply #65

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Thanks, I will check it ASAP.
(note to self: #231699)

2024-04-11, 09:02:09
Reply #66

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thanks so much
Thanks, I will check it ASAP.
(note to self: #231699)

2024-04-16, 17:31:11
Reply #67

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
The crash was caused by the 3ds Max Chamfer modifier and, according to our investigation, was not related to Corona at all.

2024-04-22, 03:27:19
Reply #68

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi team - im still getting that issue when in IR mode, the IR keeps in this motion UNTIL i click off screen (ie another window program) and then IR resumes.  It seems to be with forest pack objects.

2024-04-22, 15:23:35
Reply #69

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
had these a bunch of times, you can hover your mouse over the 3dsmax interface, just not on the viewports for it to restart

2024-04-23, 01:18:10
Reply #70

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yeah i know thanks - but we shouldnt have to!  its been an ongong issue thats been here before and im not sure what exactly causes it - could it be forest pack?

had these a bunch of times, you can hover your mouse over the 3dsmax interface, just not on the viewports for it to restart

2024-04-23, 09:37:12
Reply #71

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
hi team - im still getting that issue when in IR mode, the IR keeps in this motion UNTIL i click off screen (ie another window program) and then IR resumes.  It seems to be with forest pack objects.

Hi, which version of 3ds Max are you using? I am asking this question because we had some similar reports in the past and it always happened with 3ds Max 2022. If you are using this version, one solution would be to update to a newer one.
Also, did it start happening only after you installed a daily build? It never happens with Corona 11 HF2?
Other than that, I can only recommend submitting a new support ticket and sharing the scene with us: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

2024-04-23, 12:05:39
Reply #72

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hey mate - im using max 24 with the last official corona release.

Hi, which version of 3ds Max are you using? I am asking this question because we had some similar reports in the past and it always happened with 3ds Max 2022. If you are using this version, one solution would be to update to a newer one.
Also, did it start happening only after you installed a daily build? It never happens with Corona 11 HF2?
Other than that, I can only recommend submitting a new support ticket and sharing the scene with us: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

2024-04-23, 13:31:25
Reply #73

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
This is a daily build discussion thread. Please only post bugs/feature requests/questions/suggestions related to the daily builds.

Today at 11:36:11
Reply #74

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Woha that's been quet a while since i have been here.

But i am here for a reason, i saw on the road map future Chaos Vantage implementation, so the question is:

Does this current v12 daily build supports vantage or not and we have to wait a bit? If it does i will be able to test it out on insanely huge golf scenes.

Also question is if it will be implemented soon will it have any texture\material\feature limitations, for example such as corona pattern?
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"