Author Topic: DR hanging after hotfix 1  (Read 3394 times)

2017-06-08, 14:49:05

DarcTheo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
some of the DR nodes seems to be hanging now and again when starting renders. They start parsing scenes but don't actually do anything and sit at the default 5gb of RAM usage as though they are waiting for a task.

If you restart the node it doesn't get found without starting the render again on the master PC even though search LAN while rendering is active.

anyone else having similar problems with nodes hanging or not being found while a render is active?

2017-06-08, 15:43:26
Reply #1

adamadam

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, we've been having it a lot, but from before the hotfix as well.

2017-06-08, 17:15:13
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Please contact us at support@corona-renderer.com with DR logs collected as instructed here:
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000002065

Also, are you 100% sure that you have Corona Renderer 1.6 hotfix 1 installed on all of the PCs, and that you are running DR server 1.6 hotfix 1 on the slaves?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-06-09, 13:35:10
Reply #3

DarcTheo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Zipped up and sent some logs from the node that is currently playing up. Had to restart DR and then it picked up the render again.

All machines are displaying Corona 1.6.1 as far as I can see.

2017-06-13, 14:55:30
Reply #4

James

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Jamesmadethis.com
I was having the exact same problem, until I realised I'd still had just 1.6 on the machine i was rendering from and 1.6.1 on the dr slaves. Could've sworn I installed the hotfix 1 but mustn't have done. So conflicting versions must b the most likely cause?

2017-06-13, 15:06:58
Reply #5

DarcTheo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I was having the exact same problem, until I realised I'd still had just 1.6 on the machine i was rendering from and 1.6.1 on the dr slaves. Could've sworn I installed the hotfix 1 but mustn't have done. So conflicting versions must b the most likely cause?

Checked my the versions, my machine and two of the slaves that cause problems are on 1.6.1, no version difference in corona. Starting to wonder if something in the network is going wrong. Earlier all nodes just gave up trying. They would ping and start then give up and retry.

2017-06-21, 14:28:43
Reply #6

DarcTheo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
update in here. If anyone else has experienced and fixed this issue.

DRs are still hanging on renders. Waiting to try and revert to 1.6 when possible.

One machines network was at 100mb, ethernet was dodgy. swapped it out and its back at 1gb like the rest of the machines. DR started working nicely after this but has now started hanging again.

The DR window says its downloading the scenes and has its region to render but doesnt start. says its downloading 223mb scene in 1s. Not sure if its just not downloading scenes properly or something is getting lost in the network.

2017-07-27, 20:28:29
Reply #7

sazemard

• Users
    • View Profile
I have exactly the same problem. 800mb scene downloaded in 183s, parsin scene on all slaves but nothing....I using 1.6.2 on all computers, firewall desactivated and same 3dsmax version :(

2017-07-28, 13:44:07
Reply #8

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi Sazemard, can you also contact us at support@corona-renderer.com with a description of your problem and a link to this forum thread?
We would ask you for some further info, and collect it as a report.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us