Author Topic: color washing out in the distance for some plants  (Read 4039 times)

2015-06-20, 18:21:03

bryanwrx

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hello..i'm not sure if this suppose to happen or not. The ground for the grass looks fine even in the distance..but the small plants on the other lose their color (washed out) the further they are from the camera. 

The pic with the trees I have reflection turned and trans. on.
The pic without I turned everything off except for the opacity map and diffuse map for the plants.
The pic with only grass renders perfectly fine no washing out of colors occurring at distance.

2015-06-20, 18:36:45
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
It could be bad opacity texture. Can you show one?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-06-20, 18:47:40
Reply #2

bryanwrx

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It could be bad opacity texture. Can you show one?

There u go.. one thing i notice too is that  corona bitmap doesn't support targa (TGA) images.

2015-06-20, 18:56:45
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Looks normal. Does same hapening if you use Max bitmap loader for opacity?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-06-20, 19:13:02
Reply #4

bryanwrx

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Looks normal. Does same hapening if you use Max bitmap loader for opacity?

I was dumb..I forgot that the leaves r not simple planes but meshes (growfx)So I  actually don't need alpha maps at all, cause I make sure that the bitmap cover the leaves completely by using the offset and tiling option in diffuse slot. But the problem still remain..

2015-06-20, 19:16:50
Reply #5

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Actually, most of the time this is caused by filtering of diffuse bitmap. If you have diffuse bitmap of say a leaf, and that leaf texture has white color exactly outside where it is cut by opacity map, then while opacity maps do not get filtered, diffuse do, and the white color leaks into the leaf. Especially at distance, where leaves are as small or even smaller than a pixel, texture will get filtered so much it will simply mix that white with that green completely.

You can lower filtering if your diffuse map and/or edit the diffuse map in Photoshop and swap white background color of the leaf texture for something that matches color of the leaf.

2015-06-20, 19:31:53
Reply #6

bryanwrx

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Actually, most of the time this is caused by filtering of diffuse bitmap. If you have diffuse bitmap of say a leaf, and that leaf texture has white color exactly outside where it is cut by opacity map, then while opacity maps do not get filtered, diffuse do, and the white color leaks into the leaf. Especially at distance, where leaves are as small or even smaller than a pixel, texture will get filtered so much it will simply mix that white with that green completely.

You can lower filtering if your diffuse map and/or edit the diffuse map in Photoshop and swap white background color of the leaf texture for something that matches color of the leaf.

Well my leaves images always have a background color that matches the leaves color somehow, but is in TGA format. Does corona bitmap support TGA?
I turned off leaves diffuse and it rendered fine with just a plain color

2015-06-20, 19:36:50
Reply #7

bryanwrx

• Active Users
    • View Profile
double post my bad..Found the problem!! I convert my diffuse tga leaves to jpeg and it worked fine!! I guess corona bitmap loader doesnt support Targa images??
« Last Edit: 2015-06-20, 19:55:04 by bryanwrx »

2015-08-31, 14:01:49
Reply #8

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
In case someone else experiences this, here is the answer:
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000653557
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us