Author Topic: only update IR when releasing cam angle  (Read 1518 times)

2018-07-05, 13:51:50

fellazb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I noticed in the 2.0 version that IR updates when the cam is slightly changed even though you still want to move the cam. Wouldn't it make more sense that IR only restarts when you release the camera after you set it to your preferences in the viewport? It now becomes a bit laggy when IR contantly refreshes even though you still want to alter the camview.
« Last Edit: 2018-07-05, 15:22:45 by fellazb »

2018-07-06, 14:16:31
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I noticed in the 2.0 version that IR updates when the cam is slightly changed
This is expected, so I am afraid there isn't much we could do here.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-07-10, 11:56:31
Reply #2

fellazb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for getting back to this topic.

Perhaps I wasn't quite clear given the provided awnser. I think a better behaviour of the IR would be when it only starts updating when you release the camera after you have it set to where you want. Now if you just wait for half a second and you still have your camera selected to change the view it already wants to update so it becomes laggy since it freezes because of the precalcutating of IR.

In other words would it be possible that IR only kicks in when you release your camera after releasing it with your mouse button? With heavy arch viz scenes this would be very preferable to me.

2018-07-10, 14:11:50
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
In other words would it be possible that IR only kicks in when you release your camera after releasing it with your mouse button? With heavy arch viz scenes this would be very preferable to me.
I am afraid that if we introduced such feature, most users would ask for exactly the opposite - updating as frequently as possible during the movement. Maybe something like lowering the refresh rate of the IR would help? (like forcing it to refresh only each 1 second or so)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-07-10, 16:37:49
Reply #4

fellazb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hmm, I get your point, guess I have to deal with it then. But since I started using 2.0 this started to notice this behaviour so I'm wondering if you did some changes that's causing this now.

Lowering the refresh rate in a certain timeframe wouldn't be that good I think, best would still be to refresh IR once the cam is released as stated before. But I don't suppose you will insert a checkbox for that :)