Significantly faster DOF (Depth of Field) rendering
25 (5.4%)
Sketch/Toon/Stylized shader
29 (6.2%)
Dedicated CarPaint Shader
7 (1.5%)
Dedicated fabrics shader
27 (5.8%)
Lightmix extended to materials, textures, ...
27 (5.8%)
Interactive rendering in 3ds max viewport (with gizmos, object selection, manipulation, ...)
16 (3.4%)
Rendering memory usage improvements
16 (3.4%)
Speed of rendering improvements
42 (9%)
Speed of interactive rendering improvements specifically
31 (6.7%)
GPU/Hybrid rendering
88 (18.9%)
Stability improvements (bug fixes)
12 (2.6%)
Improvements to caustics
23 (4.9%)
Thin film/coating shader
5 (1.1%)
Parsing performance optimization (e.g. for animations)
40 (8.6%)
New and better frame buffer (docked and floating)
23 (4.9%)
Further improvements to Chaos Scatter
15 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 178

Author Topic: The most wanted feature?  (Read 524872 times)

2021-12-15, 16:56:32
Reply #975

marche3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Actually the Lightmix extended to materials, textures it already exists since 2013, unfortunately it stopped developing... but it would be great to adapt it to the Corona VFB

Motiva COLIMO 1.7 LINK:
t=242s

2021-12-16, 19:25:49
Reply #976

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Removed slicer as it is now ready. Aiming to remove 3 more things before v8 is out :D
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2021-12-16, 20:37:07
Reply #977

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Removed slicer as it is now ready. Aiming to remove 3 more things before v8 is out :D

👏👏👏👏

2022-01-09, 06:01:02
Reply #978

DiogoM3D

• Users
    • View Profile
I've been working with Corona for like 3 years, almost with advertising projects, for 90% of the projects Corona handle all the things I need to do, but and sometimes I need to use other renders because there is some things that are lacking in Corona. SO I would suggest these features:

1 - ACES color management support: more than one time a client would ask me to bright up some area, and the color just don't work as good as ACES work, there is one time that a client wanted a bright light in a red ground that was supposed to turn orange with a stronger light, but it just clipped the reds, we ended up doing this light in PS. Vray, Redshift, Arnold and other renderers already have it, it's the new standard.

2 - Tyflow support:  I make a lot of animations using tyFlow it lately, but sometimes I need to switch to redshift or Vray to use motion blur in particles with changing geometry and other stuff that are not supported in Corona.

3 - More control over rendering volumes: Was doing some smoke and fire sims for a client and could not get great control rendering the volumes, had to use V-Ray instead that had a lot more options.

For me this is the top 3, there is other stuff that I would suggest too like cryptomatte support, dome light to have the possibility to exclude the HDR for an object, or just apply it to one object only, better OSL support......

Thank you!

2022-01-10, 13:21:47
Reply #979

boston.george

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Andrey Kozlov says that is working on a new type of raytracing:

Working on a new ray tracing acceleration structure. Ray tracing speedup up to 5 times on heavy geometry. Faster than Nvidia RTX. Faster geometry compilation up to 2 times.

so faster rendering paired with better tone mapping and memory-consumption improvements would be nice when possible

2022-01-17, 09:04:46
Reply #980

marchik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Since Corona is mainly used for interior renderings, and there are fabrics in each of them, I would like to suggest considering the introduction of a separate shader for fabrics.
I work quite closely with fabric in all its variations and came to the conclusion that corona render cannot currently provide an effective tool for rendering it realistically, and introducing sheen and velvet attributes in coronamtl will not fix the problem. Geopattern can partially solve the issue but we dont have it.

In 2017 viscorbel created a thread https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=16327.msg102846#msg102846 but did not receive any comments from the development team.
There he mentioned the ThunderLoom plugin that uses the Irawan shading model (introduced in 2012) with pattern determination with WIF files to correctly recreate the reflectivity of individual fabric strands, with the correct anisotropy without using falloff fake approach.
Now i can create any texture in substance designer but cannot use it properly to explain my render engine what i want from him))
Basically, we need something like CoronaHairMtl but with the ability to apply it to regular surfaces, imitating the thread pattern by using texture maps or wif files (moreover, the basic set of patterns can be included in the Corona material library), with separate fuzzines setting, ability to use bump and normal maps for initial mesh, not for individual hair strand only, both for adding wrinkles and for imitating thread volume.

Since I have tried a huge variety of approaches to creating fabric, I have a large pool of ideas, especially concerning UI of this feature. I hope the developers will pay attention to this issue and in the future when someone sees a beautiful fabric on the renders he will say "oh, probably it was rendered with Corona"

https://blog.keyshot.com/making-impossible-possible-keyshot-realcloth

just another implementation of a similar concept, for the attention of devs) for the future :D

2022-01-22, 12:23:27
Reply #981

longhard

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Better hair rendering and volumetric fog rendering, surpassing Arnold in quality, and better support for film and television animation.

2022-01-22, 14:49:25
Reply #982

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Better hair rendering and volumetric fog rendering, surpassing Arnold in quality, and better support for film and television animation.

My experience with Corona Hair was not good. So an improvement there would be great.

2022-01-22, 18:38:48
Reply #983

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Removed curvature map, as it is about ready to go public
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2022-01-22, 22:17:24
Reply #984

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Removed curvature map, as it is about ready to go public
So excited - finally, thank you!

2022-01-27, 08:32:41
Reply #985

longhard

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Bridge supporrted

2022-01-27, 16:41:50
Reply #986

davemahi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • iamstatic
My Bridge can export corona.

2022-03-15, 18:24:39
Reply #987

boston.george

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi! How come Corona's material library is so slow, while Vray's is so fast?

Thanks!

2022-03-30, 11:16:55
Reply #988

balatschaka

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2022-04-28, 18:44:11
Reply #989

Benjamin_F

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Since Corona is mainly used for interior renderings, and there are fabrics in each of them, I would like to suggest considering the introduction of a separate shader for fabrics.
I work quite closely with fabric in all its variations and came to the conclusion that corona render cannot currently provide an effective tool for rendering it realistically, and introducing sheen and velvet attributes in coronamtl will not fix the problem. Geopattern can partially solve the issue but we dont have it.

In 2017 viscorbel created a thread https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=16327.msg102846#msg102846 but did not receive any comments from the development team.
There he mentioned the ThunderLoom plugin that uses the Irawan shading model (introduced in 2012) with pattern determination with WIF files to correctly recreate the reflectivity of individual fabric strands, with the correct anisotropy without using falloff fake approach.
Now i can create any texture in substance designer but cannot use it properly to explain my render engine what i want from him))
Basically, we need something like CoronaHairMtl but with the ability to apply it to regular surfaces, imitating the thread pattern by using texture maps or wif files (moreover, the basic set of patterns can be included in the Corona material library), with separate fuzzines setting, ability to use bump and normal maps for initial mesh, not for individual hair strand only, both for adding wrinkles and for imitating thread volume.

Since I have tried a huge variety of approaches to creating fabric, I have a large pool of ideas, especially concerning UI of this feature. I hope the developers will pay attention to this issue and in the future when someone sees a beautiful fabric on the renders he will say "oh, probably it was rendered with Corona"

i

+1 vote for this