Author Topic: "Corona Slicer Exclude" modifier on meshes  (Read 433 times)

2023-10-26, 03:40:20

I3ordo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
 Hi,
Instead of excluding a specific mesh, from a slicer applied mesh, by diving in to the slicer's material's exclude list, can be there an alternative like a "Corona Slicer Exclude" modifier (much like an extrude modifier).

benefits that i can imagine right now is mainly "Practical usage": as one would just have select the objects to be excluded and add the modifier, toggleable on/off, also as the exclude list creates a dependency when merging to other scenes and ties the excluded objects to the new scene mostly unnecessarily.
« Last Edit: 2023-10-31, 08:13:49 by I3ordo »

2023-10-26, 16:04:35
Reply #1

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

What I understand from your request, you want a quick access to the set of included/excluded items for slicer - it is not about being able to access them via object (modifier) or material.
For the dependencies, if you use drag and drop, then there is no prompt window to merge also child nodes/dependencies. But if done through File >Import >Merge, you will have this option.
Yes, still not the most convenient way.

For the quick access, there is a "special" way of doing this natively in Max - Selection sets, which all max include/exclude windows support (with the weird limitation like splines not being listed there), but I think this is the closest thing to what you want. Of course include/exclude list objects, picked by a selection set, are not updated automatically when adding or removing objects from the set, but that is the quickest way of at least selecting the objects and then doing what is necessary.

I believe for the assumed workflow you have, combining selection sets with the include or exclude option of slicer will do the trick.
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us

2023-10-31, 08:11:34
Reply #2

I3ordo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yes, this was purely a practical suggestion (merely selecting the object or group and without waiting for any menus to reload and solving the isssue on the spot) as the complexity of scene are getting out of hand and whatever practical solutions i get is more than welcome, that is why my suggestion. From the reply , i can see that i should not get my hopes up due to density of the to-do-list of corona,

Thanks for the consideration, or at least the response of acknowledgement,