Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] I need help!

Low Rays/s.. is normal?

(1/2) > >>

MircoTosti Studio:
Hi Guys, is it normal that in a simple scene which is optimized at 92%, in a computer with 7950x 192GB of RAM and an nvme m.2 gen4 ssd.. it has so few rays 2,5 million rays?
Nowadays even on simple scenes it's like this, when I remember before I even reached 40/60 million rays

Beanzvision:
Hi, it's hard to say without seeing the scene, are you able to share it at all?

John_Do:
Try without the volumes but I'm afraid it's because of them.

MircoTosti Studio:
I'm sorry, but I really can't share the scene for copyright reasons.
Beanz, Which workstation did you test with and reach the same rays as me?

But I tried to replicate the same scene in 3ds max and... completely different speeds. (Ps.: in the corona benchmarks everything is normal with 12.6M rays with my 7950x)
In any case, for such a high-performance processor, it's not great to see so few rays. But I noticed that this now happens in all the interior scenes, something that didn't happen before with the other versions. It's the same problem again as the interior scene which took a long time even though it was an empty room, but with the difference that here the drop was really high.

maru:
Are you able to share the scene with us privately? Or a part of it where the slowdown can be reproduced?

There could be a lot of different things that can slow down rendering when using volumetrics. One of them is scene scale. For example, if your cloud is large (let's say meters) and your volumetric object or material has "step size" set to millimeters, this can cause massive slowdowns. It could also be the reason why you are getting different render times in C4D and Max (different scene scale).

But that's just a wild guess so to be able to help you, we would need more details.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version