Author Topic: Rendering Tiles with Deadline - noise issue  (Read 2674 times)

2019-11-11, 13:26:47

peterguthrie

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Peter Guthrie Visualisation
Hi All,

Just wondering what the best approach is to make sure deadline tiled renders all have the same amount of noise? Should we be rendering with a pass limit or a noise threshold?

I will do some tests but just thought I would ask in case anyone has any experience with this

thanks!

PG

2019-11-11, 13:50:59
Reply #1

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Presuming it's like rendering strips with Backburner for later stitching you should definitely render with pass limit because noise calculation has different results in different parts of the image. However if you are rendering down to a very low value it may also work.

Additionally when using UHD cache, you may also need a fixed/precomputed one to assure to get no seams.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2019-11-13, 09:50:03
Reply #2

peterguthrie

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Peter Guthrie Visualisation
For a large still image, say 8000px wide, we would be using tile (strip) rendering because we dont have time to render on a single machine. How would one predict the number of passes needed? Can you render a small test corona region first?

2019-11-13, 13:59:55
Reply #3

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
This has been a valid approach in the past, yes: region around the noisiest/jaggiest part of the image in final resolution, then region render until it looks good enough to get your pass count.
However when using denoisers of all kind (including Coronas internal) I don't know how region render affects the result.

Why not just Dr this image?

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.