Author Topic: vrayhdri gamma set to 0  (Read 3020 times)

2017-11-03, 10:25:10

peterguthrie

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Peter Guthrie Visualisation
if you accidentally set gamma to 0 in a vrayhdri map, corona really doesnt like it, and restarting max seems to be the only way to cure it.

Just passing this on from Henry, havent checked myself

2017-11-03, 10:55:03
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
[..] corona really doesnt like it, and restarting max seems to be the only way to cure it.

If it's about black pixels, then usually clearing VFB content (erase button) does the trick without restarting max session.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-11-03, 15:20:51
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
My advice is to never use Vray HDRI or other parts of it. You will sooner or later end up with flickering in animation, DR issues, etc, and you will have trouble finding the culprit ;)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-11-03, 22:02:08
Reply #3

Benny

• Active Users
    • View Profile
How do you adjust the gamma of an HDRI in Corona bitmap in the same way as VrayHDRI?

2017-11-03, 23:09:15
Reply #4

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Plug CoronaBitmap in to CoronaOutput and adjust gamma there.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-11-04, 05:40:11
Reply #5

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
My advice is to never use Vray HDRI or other parts of it. You will sooner or later end up with flickering in animation, DR issues, etc, and you will have trouble finding the culprit ;)
does corona team has a plan to fix the vrayHDRI issues in the near future? regarding corona is now a child of chaosGroup.

2017-11-05, 02:25:32
Reply #6

Njen

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Cyan Eyed
What's the point of using the VrayHDRI map? You are using Corona, just use the CoronaBitmap map.

Btw, you can also adjust the gamma of an image as you are loading it in in the file select dialogue box.

2017-11-05, 10:38:10
Reply #7

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
What's the point of using the VrayHDRI map? You are using Corona, just use the CoronaBitmap map.

Btw, you can also adjust the gamma of an image as you are loading it in in the file select dialogue box.
Yup , i never need vray HDRI, because i dont have vray too, but my question was actually from a friend who uses vray but he is interesting with Corona

2017-11-06, 09:59:57
Reply #8

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
does corona team has a plan to fix the vrayHDRI issues in the near future? regarding corona is now a child of chaosGroup.
Yes. :)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-11-10, 15:20:21
Reply #9

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
yes
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)