Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.5  (Read 115525 times)

2016-09-21, 08:53:52
Reply #510

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Really nice last update to 1.5 build fixing dark edges on surfaces...

In my comparison it looks like corona shader is a bit more flat and darker, although this might be due to postprocessing or slight exposure differences i might have missed (not too familiar with blender). I will go through the setup later again if I have more time and try to do an exact match if possible.

Still the pbr shading mode now seems to be working as expected and looks great.

2016-09-21, 09:44:09
Reply #511

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Good morning!

I am trying the new LUT option but I am having very but results (washed out images, almost no shadows at all). I imagine is still in development but would like to know if in this stage should work or not.

Thanks,

Dionysios -

2016-09-21, 10:08:02
Reply #512

sevecek

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I am trying the new LUT option but I am having very but results (washed out images, almost no shadows at all). I imagine is still in development but would like to know if in this stage should work or not.
Hi,
right now the LUT is applied as the first step in tonemapping, even before exposure. It doesn't give correct results if you have nonzero exposure, this has to be changed.

2016-09-21, 10:23:41
Reply #513

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging

2016-09-21, 13:26:45
Reply #514

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Having fun with the latest dailies !

The current PBR so far is the best, it's almost perfect. Almost, because as Laci said, it gets a little bit unnaturally flat. But very usable otherwise !.

The glow is great, easy to use and fast. But to use it on any larger source of light, it produces such a unnaturally perfect flare it's unsightly. Either full mask is necessary or at least ray fringing/splitting. Because I don't need to see plane propeller spinning on front of car reflectors :- ).

Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-09-21, 13:52:55
Reply #515

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
it produces such a unnaturally perfect flare it's unsightly.
yeah I don't like the uniform rays of flare, really not good looking in bigger size. is it possible to change to random rays? and +1 for mask methods for more customization :D

2016-09-21, 14:49:10
Reply #516

3dwannab

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Nice build guys!!

LUTs for me need to be part of the VFB and not hidden in the render dialog.

And the ability to pick a folder where you store your LUT files and for it to recurse through that directory to find those .cube files is something that would work perfectly.

This would allow using the up/down arrow to flick through them at will in a dropdown box in the VFB.

Or maybe this is the plan?

2016-09-21, 20:34:37
Reply #517

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Now the LightSelect elements can have Denoising applied, should this be on by default? I was thinking yes, but interested to see what others think.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2016-09-21, 20:42:52
Reply #518

mahmoudkeshta

• Active Users
    • View Profile
There was one similar report recently and the solution seemed to be removing localappdata/CoronaRenderer content. At least it supposedly stopped happening after doing so.
Here are the instructions, maybe it's worth a try: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000015667
yes this method solved the problem. Thank you

2016-09-21, 22:13:07
Reply #519

mahmoudkeshta

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi again,

I'd like to suggest something which will be very useful. It will be great if we have option of loading exr into corona frame buffer specially the corona exr which is being used in resuming render because it has all data and elements. This add will give us more control if we want to play with lightmix , bloom and glare in different shots after the render is finished. What I do now is activating autosave and resume the render from saved end files then cancel. It works but in this method I should open the original max file and load the exact camera with the same resolution and this is not good If I want to adjust shots from different files or even If I don't have the original max file.

another issue :it will be good If the Lightmix button in system tab could detect the instances lights and put each group in 1 element. It will be optional of course because sometimes we need to separate light elements even if they are instances.

Thanks
« Last Edit: 2016-09-21, 22:20:43 by mahmoudkeshta »

2016-09-21, 22:25:48
Reply #520

mahmoudkeshta

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Now the LightSelect elements can have Denoising applied, should this be on by default? I was thinking yes, but interested to see what others think.
I agree with you will we get a control of the denoising amount after the render is finished ?

2016-09-22, 00:00:02
Reply #521

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
If I remember correctly, they are working on a standalone application for open the Corona exr file and play with de-noise, glare, vignette  etc.. offline.

2016-09-22, 00:16:50
Reply #522

mahmoudkeshta

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If I remember correctly, they are working on a standalone application for open the Corona exr file and play with de-noise, glare, vignette  etc.. offline.
That is sounds good. From where can I get that application ?

2016-09-22, 04:15:10
Reply #523

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio
never heard about that. but sounds so delicious :D
will no need another application for handling simple post pro.

2016-09-22, 09:03:24
Reply #524

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
The standalone EXR converter/viewer application is still in experimental stage and not public yet. The plan for this application is to basically serve as a standalone VFB with the ability to change all the post-processing settings as well as performing on-demand denoising.

We hope to have an experimental public version available when 1.5 is released, but as always I can't/don't want to make any hard promises on that.