Author Topic: Juraj's Renderings thread  (Read 486757 times)

2013-11-06, 21:33:13
Reply #120

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
well, it should definitely not have this effect.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-11-06, 21:38:52
Reply #121

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Jagged lines behind glass - isn't this related to internal resolution @ 4? I remember having some issues with internal resolution higher than 2. Can you set internal res to 2 and region-render that strange lines?

This is misunderstanding, the above image is internal 2. But I currently tested 1,2 and even 4, it has no effect. Even the type of glass has no effect, I tried with hybrid only. It happens no matter what camera I use. not sure if it's even bad AA, it's warped, almost like bump happening with very high frequency detail.

I will try to provide a scene to Keymaster.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2013-11-06, 22:20:08
Reply #122

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Ok, sorry, didn't mean to spread confusion.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2013-11-06, 22:35:20
Reply #123

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Now I am home so I can only guess, but oddly it didn't happen before. And as far as I know, I only changed PT+HD into PT+PT. Will pack the scene tomorrow in office and send it to Keymaster
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2013-11-07, 01:36:48
Reply #124

poko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No, I apply curves and some small stuff within MagicBullet.

The project is almost complete, I'll publish it soon :- )

For me bedding looks awesome.

2013-11-07, 03:03:54
Reply #125

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
For me bedding looks awesome.

Thank you. If you're interested in marvelousdesigner, we did tutorial for this exact bed in 3dArtist year ago (it's easy to get).

2013-11-07, 13:51:00
Reply #126

poko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
O thanks. I try to find ;)
I saw animation with this bed.
How did you achieve flickering? Is Brute Force?
Thx.
PO.

2013-11-07, 16:08:42
Reply #127

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
It was IR+LC only, LC was precomputed with anim mode, and IR was computed every 8 frames originally but I later re-timed the animation though Chronos plugin, so it was even less, almost one IR map per second of animation ? Too many tricks, which resulted in artifacts. Heavy DOF was also necessary, because it would not clean up noise completely, I had just 20 minutes per frame and 2 computers, and still took 2 weeks heh. Animations are no joke for power..

2013-11-07, 16:35:27
Reply #128

poko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
A ok.
20 min. per frame is quite ok.
I hope Corona can do it faster without flickering:)
Best.

2013-11-07, 21:28:12
Reply #129

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website

I hope Corona can do it faster without flickering:)

With pathtracing GI in interiors, I seriously doubt that. With heavy interpolated and precomputed IR, yes.  It was fullHD, on overclocked 3930k (almost 4,4Ghz), some very heavy IR, shitty AA and there was still noise that I had to live with.

I don't think flickering is an particular issue with either renderer with static scene and slow moving camera. It's just walkthough, thankfully that's all I do :- )

2013-11-07, 22:13:45
Reply #130

poko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We did one commercial with interior rendering where we have moved camera and all object in scene transforming. That was challenge.
We try many tricks to reduce flickering (not talking about noise). So why I'm looking for renderer where I don't have to worry about precalculation, cache, save, load, render again.
Why this is not automatically? When I have to render still just check still, when I need to render camera movement-check this option, when I need to render animated character with camera moving just check this option or in ideal word soft knows that camera move or character is dancing end make proposal settings. Is that really problem for good programmer do this? Or maybe is not necessary or not possible?
I'm just asking. I don't know anything about programming. I want just get clean render :C
Ok, ufff.
All the best.
PO

2013-11-07, 22:31:40
Reply #131

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Heh I completely understand you and feel the same :- ) If someone really wants one button solution, I am the one. I just want to create and have fun in virtual world.

I consider technicalities very important and put great care into them, but I find no pleasure in it.

Well, after all, that's why I am in with Corona :- ) It does what I expect of it ! Atleast for still images now.

2013-11-08, 02:53:43
Reply #132

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Well, the smudgy eges are prevalent in every render I do now with this scene. Interestingly enough, it did not happen before in this scene, and I am not really aware of anything I would change.
I did some tests, changing PT+PT to Pt+HD, PT samples from 16 to 128, max ray depth (never touched it though, was just curious), IOR, lot more bunch of stuff, nothing would change it.
So tomorrow I'll definitely bring myself to pack up the scene and upload it. It's buffling me. I found the thread with previous user reporting it, but indeed, it was his only post on the forum.

2013-11-08, 09:51:01
Reply #133

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
I had similar problem long time ago... embree loses precision through refraction if scene bounding box is too big... I would try selecting precise instead of fast in embree tris. option in debug settings.

2013-11-08, 14:56:19
Reply #134

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I had similar problem long time ago... embree loses precision through refraction if scene bounding box is too big... I would try selecting precise instead of fast in embree tris. option in debug settings.

Hmm, both interesting thoughts, I will try both solutions. I am not aware I changed anything concerning scene size but I will definitely tripple check that.