Author Topic: Jaguar (SQUIR)  (Read 20284 times)

2013-04-17, 02:42:34
Reply #15

JeffPatton

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • jeffpatton.net
Indeed, going the route of giving thickness to the glass and using a solid glass configuration seems to work better in this case.  I do think I ran into that bug you guys were referring to though where the glass reflection became overly bright.

Workstation: AMD Threadripper 3970x with 128gb RAM and 2x Titan RTX GPUs (win10 pro)

2013-04-17, 07:46:35
Reply #16

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'd pick jet black, but what do I know :D.... Anyway, what's your thoughts on corona so far?

2013-04-17, 15:27:25
Reply #17

JeffPatton

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • jeffpatton.net
what's your thoughts on corona so far?
For alpha software it's great.  Seems very stable, super easy to use, pretty good feature set for alpha, and fast/efficient at CPU rendering. 

I'm keeping my fingers crossed in hopes that it stays that way as more features are implemented.  I've been down this alpha/beta road several times before with applications that were super fast only to become bloated and slow in the actual release.

If the developers can keep it on the current track where it's light, fast, easy to use, and efficient for v.1 then they will have a winner.
Workstation: AMD Threadripper 3970x with 128gb RAM and 2x Titan RTX GPUs (win10 pro)

2013-04-17, 15:35:38
Reply #18

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Don't worry, apart from SSS+Media support/some fakes/better caching, the shading core is almost done, and the speed/ease of use did not significantly change in the last year and a half (if anything, it got better ;))
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-04-19, 02:46:08
Reply #19

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
The last renders are so healthy for my eyes !

2013-05-12, 23:00:27
Reply #20

kubiak54

• Active Users
  • jakubcech.net
    • View Profile
    • jakubcech
welcome Jeff,
your renders are pretty kick-ass-ing. Incredible how great your shaders and lighting are. What about render times?
jakubcech.net

2014-01-29, 23:52:42
Reply #21

liridon

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This render is simply amazing. What kind of texture is that floor? Is that stock footage or maybe someone can point at where it can be dl from?

Thanks!

2014-02-02, 00:16:26
Reply #22

JeffPatton

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • jeffpatton.net
I've been searching my drives today for that scene but I must have deleted it to save space or something.  However, if I remember correctly it was a blend of wood and concrete texture maps.  Mainly on the glossiness maps of course.  The diffuse would be mostly dark. 

It's an odd sounding combination I know, but I've been doing that a lot here lately (mixing mismatched maps) and getting some neat/funky looking materials.

2014-05-04, 00:18:17
Reply #23

hemrie

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Jeff Patton, I follow your work -  liking this render alot!

2014-07-31, 00:55:43
Reply #24

nosalisCZ

• Active Users
    • View Profile
fantastic work!

2014-08-04, 21:10:21
Reply #25

vling

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi Jeff, do you have any tutorials on how to do a high quality image like this??  Or any recommendations on what to read/ watch?

Thanks,
Vaughan

2014-08-05, 06:00:38
Reply #26

JeffPatton

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • jeffpatton.net
That's something that has been on my to-do list forever it seems (more tutorials).  I had started work on a video series where I would take a scene, the ferrari scene from my thread https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,4372.0.html, and set it up from start to finish (including post work)...in multiple render engines (VRay, VRay R/T, mental ray, Iray, and now Corona). 

I lost interest in the project to a degree (sidetracked by life a few times) but I'll try to get back into it because I think it would be a worthwhile endeavor.  However, it's a rather time consuming task and will take some time to complete.

2014-08-05, 21:09:05
Reply #27

vling

• Users
    • View Profile
That would be awesome!!...Alot of guys have been using Gumroad.com lately for tutorials.  Much better return than the big tutorial sites.  http://www.kiwijuice.net/

-Vaughan