Author Topic: Long scene parsing 1.3  (Read 26615 times)

2015-11-11, 02:52:27
Reply #15

orsobruno

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys, i'm really struggling with this problem of the long parsing time...i came in to it Yesterday after dinner, when, after converting all the models and the texture, the scene simply refuse to start render, and stay in the "scene parsing state" for a huge amount of time (i let it go for 3hours, becouse i didn't notice it, my bad). So when i noticed it, i came back to the last working scene e starting over doing what i'm doing: I was converting the whole scene, an archinteriors with the use of the corona material converter..I was able to render the scene in the evening, and in the last part of the evening i finish importing the last model in my scene..But when i press render i wasn't able to actualy render the image because of the long "parsing scene" state... I tried everything, uncheck the low priority flag in the system panel, convert all the bitmap to corona bitmap via the converter, even unistall forest pack lite, and disabling the FTH for 3ds max like maru suggest i the previous post, check the bitmap paging (disabled), but nothing work...and i don't know what to do to solve this problem...
I don't know if this can help but i noticed that when the scene parsing state is processing, actually no cores is used(1.1%)..and there is a strange network activity (like 5 Mbps) ..also the ram usage is very low, 7GB for the entire scene...and i'm not rendering in DR, i'm rendering on a single machine... (i'm on a Windows 10 machine, running 3ds max as administrator)

Any help would be great..thank you again guys..have a good night.

Daniele

P.S. I'm uploading the minidump through the private uploader right now...i thought that maybe it will be useful
P.P.S. The name of the file uploaded is 1447207375_3dsmax.7z
« Last Edit: 2015-11-11, 03:04:10 by orsobruno »

2015-11-11, 12:50:41
Reply #16

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Thank you for the minidump. You could even make more of them  - like 3, it could be useful.

Also, are you using some custom Windows skin/theme? Do you have some special features like Aero disabled or enabled? Which version of Windows?

Are you getting any error messages from Corona's Error Messages window?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-11-11, 13:29:12
Reply #17

fobus

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Are you getting any error messages?

No errors.

If you are using BB only:
-send us the BB log - https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-find-and-analyze-your-backburner-error-logs.html

BB log with scene from attachment (in a bit previous post) attached.

Another idea:
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000678431

Please see that article and check if there are any suspicious entries in the FTH log in registry.

Nothing 3ds max related logged in FTH.

2015-11-11, 13:39:01
Reply #18

orsobruno

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi maru, thank you for your time..

Right now i'm trying to reimport all the models that i have imported Yesterday, and now it seams to work as usual..i'm not done importing all the models but the majority of them doesn't make trouble with the scene..
Answering to your questions:

-No, i'm not using any custom theme for Windows and i'm on Windows 10 pro and, actually, i don't know if there is Areo on Windows 10 pro...i know that the feature called areo snap is enable..Also the last update that does not involve Windows defender is the KB3106932, and i check and don't have the last one installed (KB3105213)

-The only messages of errors i get is the one from the missing texture (but it's ok, i know that that is not linked), and the one of the vray material not converted, but they are in the override switch and they render as a corona material with default settings..

For the minidumps ok, no problem i will make Others after lunch!

(i don't know if this will help, but during the process of conversion, i noticed a huge drop down in the viewport performance, like drop from 100 fps to almost freeze for 0.5 seconds and then go straigth up to 70/80 fps for another second..and then redrop again..This drop down affect also the performance navigating through the menu of the interface...)

P.S. i Have finished to import all the models and the one that create problem are the books, wich they have a lot of textures, but i have used that ones before and they doesn't have any kind of problemin the past..anyway if this will help, i will make a minidump, with the correct scene and another with the borken scene, so maybe the problem will show up.. i will update this post with the name of the minudumps :)
« Last Edit: 2015-11-11, 13:44:59 by orsobruno »

2015-11-11, 13:51:34
Reply #19

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
i noticed a huge drop down in the viewport performance, like drop from 100 fps to almost freeze for 0.5 seconds and then go straigth up to 70/80 fps for another second..and then redrop again..This drop down affect also the performance navigating through the menu of the interface...)
Are you using Corona Bitmaps for the textures, or standard Bitmaps? Can you try switching to the other type and see if it changes anything about the viewport slowdown? Do you have a lot of materials with textures nested inside a multi/sub material? For example for the books?

2015-11-11, 16:36:13
Reply #20

orsobruno

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Are you using Corona Bitmaps for the textures, or standard Bitmaps? Can you try switching to the other type and see if it changes anything about the viewport slowdown? Do you have a lot of materials with textures nested inside a multi/sub material? For example for the books?

Maru, i cannot thank you enough... It works!! by using the converter script i switched back from have all corona bitmap, to have all standard bitmap, and the scene started rendering again...actually i think it is also faster, (i was facing very high value of rays/sample with corona bitmap: 2300/1700 on the first pass and then dropping down till 400, now with all the standard bitmaps i have 300 rays/sample starting from 600 on the first pass)

It also increase the reactivity of the viewport and cut out the lag of the interface.. Please tell me if you need something that can help improve the usage of the coronaBitmap with a lot of texture nested inside a multisub material, like you said..i can provide the minidump of the functional scene, or the other one from the broken scene if it is necessary.. Anyway...Thank you, i really appreciate your effort..thanks again!

P.S. Sorry i forgot to mention that now the scene parsing time is 8 seconds...

2015-11-11, 16:41:29
Reply #21

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I am glad it works now. This is a known issue, but we were not able to reproduce this on our computers yet. Here is what you could do to help us:
-send the minidumps - the more the merrier ;)
-send us the scene with all the textures and assets, and if it's impossible - a sample scene where this happens, it could be something completely new, but the problem has to be there

We would reeeeaaaly appreciate that.

2015-11-11, 16:50:14
Reply #22

orsobruno

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok i will provide you the Whole scene with the texture and the model, it's a big scene, so it will take me some time to upload it...the fiber network coverage end like 500m from here, Italy is a very beautiful place to live........................
Anyway i'm making also Others minidumps so i will update this post with the name of the minidump and the uploaded scene when it's done..hope this will help you solve the problem.

Thank you again maru!

2015-11-11, 16:54:06
Reply #23

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Great. Thank you. No need to hurry. Take your time.

2015-11-11, 17:15:08
Reply #24

fobus

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Here is the video showing one of our render nodes rendering test file locally and through BB on the same node.

2015-11-11, 17:40:24
Reply #25

orsobruno

• Active Users
    • View Profile

This is the name of the two minidumps from the working and the non working scenes:

1447259433_Minidumps_Working_Not_Working_scenes.7z

P.S i'm uploading the Whole scene with the private dropbox uploader..i think in 3 hours the file will be uploaded (there is one big textures folder, but inside that, there is also 2 other folder due to the fact that i have some textures with the same name..)
« Last Edit: 2015-11-11, 18:12:55 by orsobruno »

2015-11-11, 17:56:12
Reply #26

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Here is the video showing one of our render nodes rendering test file locally and through BB on the same node.
Could you see what happens if you rename the file so that it does not contain cirillic characters? Only latin ones.

Also, a minidump taken during the freeze would be great.
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000524006
("2. Reporting Error Messages or freezes")

2015-11-11, 22:09:59
Reply #27

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile

This is the name of the two minidumps from the working and the non working scenes:

1447259433_Minidumps_Working_Not_Working_scenes.7z

P.S i'm uploading the Whole scene with the private dropbox uploader..i think in 3 hours the file will be uploaded (there is one big textures folder, but inside that, there is also 2 other folder due to the fact that i have some textures with the same name..)

Hi,
I looked at the minidump. It was captured inside checking if one of the 286 textures used exists. But I cannot see what triggered the check. Your 3dsmax.exe does not match mine. Do you have your 3ds Max updated to the latest version (SP3 ext2)? Do you use network image paths in the scene?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-11-11, 22:33:56
Reply #28

orsobruno

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
I looked at the minidump. It was captured inside checking if one of the 286 textures used exists. But I cannot see what triggered the check. Your 3dsmax.exe does not match mine. Do you have your 3ds Max updated to the latest version (SP3 ext2)? Do you use network image paths in the scene?

Hi Ondra, thank you for your time..sorry for the late answer but i was away fro the computer. Actually i have checked, and i have 3ds max 2015 Sp 2 with only the extension 1 installed..sorry i should have said that before.. I also wasn't able to upload the file in the dropbox private uploader, it gives me an error, simply: "an error as occured, try again later"...Can i upload the file to my dropbox and then share the link with you? (i put the file in upload again right now, but i'm not sure if it will work..)
Again, thank you for your time.

P.S. Sorry i forgot to answer to your questions about the network image: Yes, i use a nas attached to a switch as my notwork storage unit, and i know for sure that there are two texture not linked because i don't have that texture in my archive..So yes, every texture is linked to a shared network location, through the assett tracking in max..
« Last Edit: 2015-11-11, 22:44:42 by orsobruno »

2015-11-11, 23:07:32
Reply #29

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
sure, sharing it via your dropbox is fine
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)