Author Topic: Apoco77 House  (Read 44419 times)

2016-08-31, 19:13:41
Reply #30

Image Box Studios

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • IMAGE BOX STUDIOS
Oh my God. What a photo realistic work. Great job. Most of us can never think about such high detailing work. Salute man.

2016-09-01, 10:10:20
Reply #31

pdaniun

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Great work, love it, truly overall fantastic, breathtaking and amazing.

But you got the Rubiks cube wrong, white and yellow center pieces are always opposite to each other.

2016-09-01, 13:55:49
Reply #32

Fluss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Awesome renders ! Such attention to details !

How many time did you spent from start to finish ?

2016-09-01, 16:05:23
Reply #33

zuliban

• Active Users
    • View Profile
pdaniun @ i Honeslty don't play the rubik cube  i guess you are the expert and got me on this one ! should have one at hand before doing it just to have it more correct i guess.

Fluss @ i guess around 6 month time with breaks 1-2 week intesive work rest 1 month and so on not including the render time... i was not going to finish this work i just did not like it or how it was looking  until i posted the wip in the forum that motivated me to finish the rendertimes are not included here  i left each image overnight and on the day worked on soemthing different so i can say 2 months or rendering alone overnight .

2016-09-01, 18:49:06
Reply #34

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
But you got the Rubiks cube wrong, white and yellow center pieces are always opposite to each other.

Nah, that's intentional. He left it as a proof that these pictures aren't photographs :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-09-02, 13:53:15
Reply #35

pdaniun

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

Nah, that's intentional. He left it as a proof that these pictures aren't photographs :]
I suspected as much ;-)

@zuliban I'm no expert, just like to play with it :-) Excellent work.

2016-09-02, 13:59:27
Reply #36

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Maybe Zuliban simply did configure the cube like this. Don't forget what his real name is. It would also explain the quality of his renders. ;)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-09-04, 22:48:31
Reply #37

art-MIXER

• Active Users
  • Design wizard
    • View Profile
    • Blog CGi
The level of study is best architectural visualization I've ever seen in my practice - stunning work
Design is magic

2016-09-05, 12:07:40
Reply #38

pressenter

• Active Users
  • PressEnter Design
    • View Profile
    • PressEnter Design
That's a lot of great detail right there. Awesome work.

And also nice to see you again Zuliban, haven't seen your work in years!

Best
Simon

2016-09-05, 14:18:37
Reply #39

Allertaler

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So many details. You have to have months needed to model and texture everything. This is the best work that I've seen with corona.

Can we see a raw rendering?

2016-09-13, 17:42:14
Reply #40

Benny

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What do you think about Corona? We know that you were/are a V-Ray master. What are your impression of this renderer?

I was wondering the exact same thing. I know I changed to Corona because Vray was to complex for me, but why would such a master as Zuliban switch? I mean I really like Corona but if I was a total master of Vray it would be a lot of effort for limited gain I would think. Some of my buddies still in the Vray camp say that it is as easy to use as Corona now (which I seriously doubt) and that the RT part has seen some serious development.

Zuliban, if you wouldn't mind, could you share your top three reasons for switching (more than fun trying something new)? I'm sure the Corona marketing department would love to know as well.  :)

2016-09-13, 19:00:31
Reply #41

zuliban

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Benny i like to test new things i have tried alot of renders  but this a complex answer for me.

I have not switched to Corona from Vray, i still like vray for other kind of work where is more stronger than corona maybe not many people know but im now fully working as character artist and vray skinshader is my favorite and im waiting for the Alasurface arnold skinshader from vray, i wish 1.6 have skinshader comparable to this or even better so i can switch to corona in one of my upcoming personal projects.

3.4 is as easier as corona to setup so your friends are right , i tested vray in this scene as you know vray is know for its speed but in this scene corona was x2 faster and cleaner it looks like a simple teapot scene, vray beat corona in speed but as soon you scene have alot of materials and complexity corona takes the lead and i really like the corona glass it is just too good .

Vray got stuck in glass shaders and metals to even create a comparable glass in vray you need to add more than 5 ray depth for both reflections and refractions if you put something like 20 it will take even 8 times more time than corona to render them.

There is another stranger point but this scene in vray, corona showed alot of highlights where vray did not, im not sure why it should reflect the same things and i really make sure every setting was correct for both to work the same but corona showed better highlights reflections where vray capped them in someway.

what i like the most from corona is the speed, the ''peace of mind'' that you focus on artistic things more than settings the glass shader and the extra highlights i can obtain, what i do not like is the removal of the bucket engine.... i rendered all these images using 1.3 bucket  it was also better for preview since it has somekind of AA while the progressive you need to wait more to have a decent AA to see the general shape better maybe im wrong since i have used buckets for so much time.

The most important for me are the developers when i read post or forums i see alot of positive energy in them this for me is a positive trait in any person and im sure this is the most important one as they have passion for their product and user base.

another thing i do not like was the removal of the ''low thread priority'' this is why i used 1.3 too ,this scene is big and ram intensive so it used more than my system had and 1.4 parsing times where even 1 hour vs 1.3 4min.

this is a personal one but the ''filmic'' tone mapping for me is a wrong step for Corona, Fstorm got a correct tone mapping almost identical to a camera what is lacking now is the camera responses like what octane have.

stuff i think is missing is a skin shader like arnold and alasurface non energy loss shader , i hope Ondra read this and take in consideration this skin shader since is the best one at the moment.

« Last Edit: 2016-09-13, 19:19:18 by zuliban »

2016-09-13, 19:02:08
Reply #42

Pixel Folks

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Pixel Folks
I really think that what he's looking for is going for the artistic way, spend more our making a scene beautiful instead of wasting time making test for calculations.
people also say that gpu is now the future in vray, but I think fstorm is already making a lot of noise and its not even finish.

2016-09-13, 19:07:27
Reply #43

Pixel Folks

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Pixel Folks
fstorm tonemapping is marvelous, I don't really now why, but I tested fstorm in my old laptop with a 850M ( almost died) and I saw a big difference, how can corona team also do that?

2016-09-13, 21:12:17
Reply #44

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
yep, I read it ;). We are just finishing next daily with next iteration of the PBR material, but skin shader is still pretty far away. We are also hiring more people so we can do more features at once.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)