Author Topic: IES lights added  (Read 34176 times)

2013-04-11, 16:25:32
Reply #30

dschaga

• Active Users
    • View Profile
And still, why the shadow from a chair leg when the shadow from all the rest behaves on another so strange looks?

One scene have only point lights (sharp shadows) and one only area lights (soft shadows)
..the one leg looks like a bug, but if look carefully you can see that it's shadow is blured too. Maybe it's the angle of the light to the leg(?)

anyway.. good to see that ies lights coming to corona... maybe someone can test some linear lights?

2013-04-11, 16:39:15
Reply #31

ecximer

• Active Users
  • Scriptobot
    • View Profile
From a chair I already dealt with a pinch, VRay in the same way calculates everything and logically it and shall be. I in vain a panic lifted it :)
But with the spread caustic from light IES something not so, can do everything so, but result not what waited more precisely. :(
sorry for my english

2013-04-12, 09:13:29
Reply #32

dschaga

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I wouldn't bet that vray is doing everything right with IES files... test your scene with iray and you will get at least proper light distribution with area lights!

2014-01-09, 11:51:24
Reply #33

watchtheinside

hi, guys
can you help to solve this problem with IES light
dont know which settings need to change

thanks!

2015-01-12, 03:39:00
Reply #34

3dwannab

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Are photometric web lights allowed to be used in Corona?

I've set the shadows type to corona but no light emits for the IES file. Reason I say this is because most of my libraries light has this type and I have a script (IES viewer) which allows me to click on a toolbar icon an view the IES file and swap it out. It's super handy. See a video here. First 3mins show how to install. See the other on how it's used.

Thanks in advance if this can be done.
« Last Edit: 2015-01-12, 03:54:54 by 3dwannab »

2015-01-12, 10:12:54
Reply #35

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I think that photometric lights only work as with "point" shape. Are you using point shape?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-01-12, 15:59:16
Reply #36

3dwannab

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks, it works (Sort of) It gives unexpected results.. I think this is due to light only allowed to be emitted from a point and not a shape. I've done two test scenes. Both with 8700 Lumens in the light source. Only difference is the Corona IES light is 1cm disk as the shape.

The darker of the two images is the photometric IES file.. the Coroan IES is how it should appear.

2015-01-12, 17:21:01
Reply #37

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Isn't this light blocked by something (glass) or facing in the wrong direction?

Update: I checked and it works strange for me too. Photometric light is much darker. I guess you are right that it's because Corona light has some radius (it gets brighter as it gets bigger) and point light is just a point. It could take "area radius" from Corona shadows parameters into account but it would be a bit awkward to set light's intensity by changing shadow settings. :)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-01-12, 22:23:19
Reply #38

3dwannab

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Will this be fixed at all in the 1st release to allow those shapes in the photometric lights?

2015-01-14, 15:51:27
Reply #39

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I tend to avoid mixing max lights and corona lights in a scene. I've found that max photometric lights tend to get sampled way more than the corona lights which leads to excessively long render times in order to clear up directional / ies corona light noise.
Vray who?

2015-01-14, 17:42:29
Reply #40

3dwannab

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I tend to avoid mixing max lights and corona lights in a scene. I've found that max photometric lights tend to get sampled way more than the corona lights which leads to excessively long render times in order to clear up directional / ies corona light noise.
Most likely but I like the functionality of the IES script to hotswap out the lights. I might contact the dev and ask if he could do something.