Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] I need help!

Noise patches

(1/2) > >>

lazardanilovic:
Hello, i have a problem where these patches of noise still exist even with small noise level, 1%. They seem to often be really uniform in shape, does anyone have idea what is causing this, bump, glossines, geometry?

I have one example bellow but it happens in random places from time to time.

Any input would be great, thank you!

Avi:
Hi,

I have a few questions:

1. What version of Corona and 3ds Max you are using?
2. Are you using some HDRI or sun and sky to illuminate your scene?
3. Are you using some kind of reflection/refraction override in the scene?
4. When you re-render an image, the position of noise remains constant and doesn't change? In each re-rendering, the noise appears in the exact same spot every time instead of occurring randomly?
5. have you specifically changed any setting in the "performance" tab in render setup?

lazardanilovic:
Hello Avi,

I am using Corona 9 with Max 22, in this instance i am using both HDRI for soft shadows and Corona Sun, but it happens even when I am only using either one of those. I am using reflection override, no changes in performance and yes, noise appears in the same spot and the same pattern on every render run.

Thank you

aaouviz:

--- Quote from: lazardanilovic on 2023-06-06, 15:51:18 ---Hello Avi,

I am using Corona 9 with Max 22, in this instance i am using both HDRI for soft shadows and Corona Sun, but it happens even when I am only using either one of those. I am using reflection override, no changes in performance and yes, noise appears in the same spot and the same pattern on every render run.

Thank you

--- End quote ---

My guess is that there is either:
- 2 surfaces intersecting there
- A UVW mapping error
- A modelling error (overlapping faces or a flipped normal)

romullus:
I would try to disable adaptive light solver and see if noise is gone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version