General Category > Gallery

Nut-o-grammetry

(1/24) > >>

LuckyFox:
I've been tackling photogrammetry for 2 years now, here and there between regular projects. Had a lot of failures and gave up on this many times. Last year Bertrand Benoit posted in October his guide on photogrammetry, also during SOA Day#7 Radoslav Ignaciuk shared his workflow on photogrammetry. All this information was put to good use and the results are talking for themselves. Thank you Bertrand and Radoslav for sharing your insights.
All proudly rendered with Corona.
be.net/ZB-Vision

mferster:
Nice nuts.

maru:
So after 2 years of research, you basically scanned your nuts?

Just kidding obviously. ;) The results are amazing - great example of how not giving up is important in the process or producing something awesome. I wonder whether you are sharing or selling your models somewhere? Or maybe you are willing to share some parts of your photogrammetry workflow?

Edvinas:
Hi, LuckyFox.

Very pleasant result. I remember Radoslav showing that magical stuff with auto texture unwrap in SOA7. Do you involve it in your workflow? Just wanted to ask name of that software. Need to install for freetime tests :)

--
Edvinas

LuckyFox:

--- Quote from: maru on 2017-01-18, 16:22:15 ---So after 2 years...

--- End quote ---
You will laugh, but some 4-5 years ago I bought 5 very nice looking walnuts with the idea to push me to learn more of Zbrush and model them. Years passed by but yes! I finally scanned my nuts! :D  The models were created for sale. They are on Envato's 3Docean.
the workflow I am using is pretty much based on Bertrand's guide:
http://bertrand-benoit.com/blog/the-poor-mans-guide-to-photogrammetry/
I have a 3 light mini studio setup for the photography process. Nikon D90 kit lens 18-105. I shoot raw, process in Lightroom, end up with 2 sets of tiffs for Photoscan - one very contrasty for the build up process and one very flat and non constrasty for the albedo/diffuse texture generation. Export from Photoscan(obj). Zremesh, UVs in Zbrush, project details from high to low poly model, bake displacement, normal, ao. Import retopo/unwrapped high detail model back to the saved photoscan project, generate diffuse keeping the uv mapping generated in Zbrush. Create specular map in Photoshop from diffuse+displacement maps. Import meshes(low and high detail) to 3ds max, scale them to the right size.
Some personal experience comments: I tried solutions from autodesk, both free ones and paid - didn't come to good result in terms of geometry details. Not best results with RealityCapture and crashes. Photoscan is non consistent, I can have 4 fails to align photos and 5th attempt it just aligns them - the main reason I was giving up before until I found I just have to keep trying or align in chunks. Photoscan needs lots of ram, I have a 64gb workstation and some dense point clouds just won't calculate with very high detail setting because not enough ram.

3D architect the software is UVlayout, I didn't have such models yet that require advanced uv work, Zbrush just handles well the meshes I gave it till now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version