Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Tutorials & Guides

Corona Tips & Tricks

<< < (3/5) > >>

maru:
yet another fake caustics guide ;)

maru:
How to make "little planet" effect.

1. Grab a scene and render a spherical pano (Corona Camera mod on top of your camera > spherical projection), it has to be a square render
2. Open the render in PS, go to Filter > Distort > Polar Coordinates
3. Set the mode to "Rectangular to Polar" and press ok
4. Voila!

romullus:
Next trick originally was posted by Frood.

If you want to know in which Corona version max file was saved, you can find it by pasting following line into maxscript listener window:

--- Code: ---print (fileProperties.getItems "Render Data")
--- End code ---

It will print you needed information.

Alternatively, you can write macroscript for more convenient use. Here's how to do that:

--- Quote from: Frood on 2016-06-01, 10:18:28 ---For quick acces I ended up with a macro script for my toolbar as one-click solution. If anyone needs it: Paste this into the maxscript listener window, select all lines and drag it to some toolbar, done.

--- Code: ---for i=1 to (fileProperties.getItems "Render Data").count as integer do (
if ((findstring (fileProperties.getItems "Render Data")[i] "Renderer Name") !=undefined) do (
message=(fileProperties.getItems "Render Data")[i]
if (autosave.Enable==true) do (
message+="\r\n\r\nNote: Auto backup is enabled, this information may be no longer valid after first autosave."
)
messageBox message title:"Renderer information of this file:"
)
)

--- End code ---

Good Luck

--- End quote ---

denisgo22:

--- Quote from: romullus on 2015-10-14, 11:56:22 ---Since we don't have camera culling option in CoronaScatter yet, we can do it very easy for ourselfs. There's only a few steps required.

1. create distribution plane, give it a few subdivisions (our camera culling won't work very well on a big single polygon), also create objects to be scattered, some camera and CoronaScatter object. Increase scattered instances count and enable avoid collisions. Last step is optional, but without it you may need to constantly adjust scatter count.

2. add camera map (WSM) modifier to distribution plane, click pick camera button and choose your camera. You can change mapping channel if needed or leave it at default.

3. open material editor and create gradient ramp map, set it's mapping channel to same as in camera map modifier, disable U and V tiling and set all flag's colours to white.

4. assign previously created gradient ramp to CoronaScatter's density slot. Voila! We have perfectly working camera culling now.

Now you can play with gradient ramp to further improve camera culling funcionality. Try to change gradient type to box and set one of the flags to black - you will get nice fallof in instances density. If you need to extend camera culling beyond image borders, decrease gradient ramp tiling to 0.9 or any other value.

--- End quote ---

good method proves how much the required option /camera culling/ directly in CoronaScatter without using map///It does not allow easy and simple to apply other Density map in CS /Vertex Color,Bitmap and etc/

of course there is the opportunity to play with Corona Mix map for mixing Gradient and Other's map's, but this only greatly complicates the scattering process,not to mention the fact that the every moving of
Camera greatly slows down and gets stuck due to recalculation of CS every time without optimizations which have for example /Forest Pack/ and others scatters system's with Camera Culling option ///

Sintel:
thanks very much for that useful tip :))
very ez to play with composite map :))

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version