Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Bug Reporting

Material preview not updating in SME 3dsMax 2024

(1/3) > >>

hurrycat:
So I recently updated to 3ds Max 2024.2 and everytime i open the Slate Material Editor the material shown as selected in Scene Materials is wrong. If I select another object in the scene it updates correctly. If it's the first time I open SME (and it doesn't have a material cached) and i have an object selected, it will show nothing.

It's like the SME Scene Materials (with filter selected objects enabled) doesn't update when it's closed but only if it's open.

I'm not sure if this is a Corona bug or a 3ds Max bug. Anyone on 2024.2 experiencing the same?

hurrycat:
Anyone else on Max 2024.2 ? :)

romullus:
I'm on Max 2024.2 but to be honest i'm struggling to understand the issue. Can you describe it more clearly? Maybe add some screenshots, or record a short video.

hurrycat:
Ok so you know how you can have the selected object's material show in the Scene Materials Rollout in the SME (with Filter Selected Objects enabled - see attached screenshot).

This is very useful as you can quickly instance and modify it right after opening the SME, as long as you have its object selected in the scene.

In 2024.2, as opposed to 2023 which I had before, the material listed right after you open the SME is not correct. Selecting another object while having the SME open updates it correctly.

James Vella:
Wow you get previews? I never noticed this lol. I always thought it was meant to be teapot :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version