Author Topic: corona uvw randomizer "multiple input"?  (Read 2428 times)

2023-03-28, 17:53:50

matteosperi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
I ask for the possibility of having uvw corona randomizer with multiple inputs, without copying it for each texture;
linking all textures to one; maybe there is a possibility and I don't know :))))
thanks
Matteo

2023-03-28, 18:45:55
Reply #1

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Right now only possible with "Float Controllers". Very cumbersome though.

This was requested quite a lot of times, hopefully it is in pipeline. It should be one solution to all Corona Nodes.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2023-03-28, 19:05:43
Reply #2

Basshunter

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1
I'll never get tired of bumping this. So needed.

2023-03-28, 21:13:04
Reply #3

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
It should be one solution to all Corona Nodes.
Heaven

+1000 for a solution like this

2023-03-28, 21:50:55
Reply #4

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I saw this request many times, but never explanation how it supposed to work. How the node with multiple inputs is supposed to know which output should go to specific slot? Would it have N output handles, where N is equal to the number of inputs? Wouldn't that make quite bloated nodes? Or is there some other way how to handle this?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2023-03-28, 21:53:33
Reply #5

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I saw this request many times, but never explanation how it supposed to work. How the node with multiple inputs is supposed to know which output should go to specific slot? Would it have N output handles, where N is equal to the number of inputs? Wouldn't that make quite bloated nodes? Or is there some other way how to handle this?

You know exactly what they want, people just don't know how to voice it :- ). This description is simply the first thing that comes to mind when someone thinks of instancing parameters. No need to pick at words.

It's not even bad description, there are nodal systems (not necessarily in CGI apps) that offer multi-level "pass-through" (like in Audio) so they allow multiple inputs & outputs without confusion and still with same modifier node in middle.
Corona could technically adopt such solution as well, it would just go against the Max Slate convention. But it's good description.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2023-03-28, 22:07:40
Reply #6

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I'm not picking at words, i genuinely don't know how such node would look or work. I hate slate editor controllers implementation as much as the next guy and i would love to have easy and intuitive instancing solution for maps and materials. I just never saw something like this in action and i'm curious to know how it could work.

2023-03-28, 22:13:18
Reply #7

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
To imitate audio pass-through system, it would be layered input&output pairs. Input&Output1, Input&Output2,etc..

But that's just what this particular solution would look like, no one is really asking for anything specific.
"Use Settings From Map" like CoronaColorCorrect has would be good enough. Just use the solution everywhere. That can't be hard if it already exists.

2023-03-29, 11:18:36
Reply #8

philipbonum

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If I remember correctly Max does not allow anyone to create a node with more than one output

So +1 to having "use settings from map" on most maps!
So much time could be saved with a better node setup. Kinda hoping for a rewrite of the whole node editor in Max, or that Corona makes its own, like they have in C4D(?)

2023-03-29, 14:06:17
Reply #9

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
One way how it could be done is like in Corona Color Correct with a "master controller" node. But there are some other possibilities.

(Internal ID=911774027)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2023-03-29, 14:15:44
Reply #10

JonathanVis

• Users
    • View Profile
Both VRay and FStorm have two solutions to this. Vray uses the mapping source to plug in on the left of the node, allowing one mapping setup to be connected to all related bitmaps. FStorm has the settings embedded in the texture itself, so you don't need an additional node. A further development on this would be to include UVW randomization and Triplanar Possibilities in the CoronaPhysicalMaterial directly, applying it on the entire material and all its textures.

2023-03-29, 15:47:46
Reply #11

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
Imagine exposed controllers for those maps, Blender does this in a very cleaver way, is super fast to change settings for a map without accessing the entire node tree

2023-03-30, 04:29:45
Reply #12

dfcorona

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I would love to know why Corona doesn't adopt this much better material workflow.  Also I found "Corona UVWRandoimizer Map" to slow render times down a LOT.  Why is that? Fstorm or Vray don't take longer to render when they use UVW Randomizer. Is it because Corona needs many UVWRandomizer nodes for each slot unlike the others?

Just look at the attached image, I mean come on.

2023-03-30, 10:20:39
Reply #13

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Also I found "Corona UVWRandoimizer Map" to slow render times down a LOT.  Why is that?

Make sure to uncheck high quality blending if you don't really need it, it can increase render times dramatically. Don't know why this feature is enabled by default.

2023-03-30, 12:39:04
Reply #14

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I would love to know why Corona doesn't adopt this much better material workflow.  Also I found "Corona UVWRandoimizer Map" to slow render times down a LOT.  Why is that? Fstorm or Vray don't take longer to render when they use UVW Randomizer. Is it because Corona needs many UVWRandomizer nodes for each slot unlike the others?

Just look at the attached image, I mean come on.

Yeah this looks very good.