Author Topic: Chaos Corona 9 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 44451 times)

2022-10-05, 13:52:02
Reply #135

Basshunter

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i have some mistake happneing when i use "photographic exposure" in tonemapping during IR.
Every change during the IR  the  exposure reset to less then default (look like that ignore the Photographic exp set) and the frame buffer appear too dark (simple exposure on "zero")
but, if i unchek and check the photographic exposure the image bring normal again

Follow the print attached

1 before every change
2 when i changing the color of some stuff during of IR
3 when i uncheck the P.E
4 when i check again the P.E

Same here! Just found out last night.

2022-10-05, 15:04:08
Reply #136

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
i have some mistake happneing when i use "photographic exposure" in tonemapping during IR.
Every change during the IR  the  exposure reset to less then default (look like that ignore the Photographic exp set) and the frame buffer appear too dark (simple exposure on "zero")
but, if i unchek and check the photographic exposure the image bring normal again

Follow the print attached

1 before every change
2 when i changing the color of some stuff during of IR
3 when i uncheck the P.E
4 when i check again the P.E
Hi,

Thanks for reporting this to us. I can reproduce it here and we will look into it.

Thanks,

Rowan

(Internal ID=975410130)
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2022-10-05, 15:25:39
Reply #137

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

with the latest build I've noticed that sending a job to Backburner, when the server starts the job all the Tonemapping settings turn back to reset.
I tried more than once and this is happening always.

Thanks,

Dionysios -
Hey,

I did a quick test here and it seems to work fine for me. Can you provide some more information and reproduction steps?

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-10-05, 15:44:33
Reply #138

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Hi all,

with the latest build I've noticed that sending a job to Backburner, when the server starts the job all the Tonemapping settings turn back to reset.
I tried more than once and this is happening always.

Thanks,

Dionysios -
Hey,

I did a quick test here and it seems to work fine for me. Can you provide some more information and reproduction steps?

Thanks,

Rowan

I am really sorry but I don't know what extra steps give to you this time.
The process is classic and simple, I do my color correction and Tone Mapping settings in Max, send to Backburner, a Server gets the job and the result is calculated with all the Tone Mapping settings reset.

:(

2022-10-05, 15:48:54
Reply #139

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
I have something interesting happening here with the standalone CIE software.
I comunicated this bug a couple of weeks ago and I know the team is working on this probably but now, with the new latest Daily Build is happening also in the office but this time I get an error with text!

I attached 2 files:

Crash_CIE.jpg : The crash info appear after the CIE crashes.
Error_CIE.txt : I pasted the text in a file so you can take a look at it!

Basically I open the first image in CIE standalone, do all the necessary adjustments and saving my TIFF file, every time I click on the Open button and I try to load a second image > BOOM! Crash!

Thanks,

Dionysios -

2022-10-06, 12:44:29
Reply #140

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I comunicated this bug a couple of weeks ago and I know the team is working on this probably but now, with the new latest Daily Build is happening also in the office but this time I get an error with text!

I attached 2 files:

Basically I open the first image in CIE standalone, do all the necessary adjustments and saving my TIFF file, every time I click on the Open button and I try to load a second image > BOOM! Crash!

Thanks,

Dionysios -
Hi,

This is strange, it seems to be to do with the loading of tonemapping operators. We added the crash handler in RC1 to help with crashes like these..

I have a question with regard to the cxrs that you sent through, is the first one saved with the tonemapping pipeline which you are saving to tiff?

Would you be able to send some new ones through?

Lastly, we see in the stacktrace something strange. Do you have any UI automation tools installed?

Thanks,

Rowan
« Last Edit: 2022-10-06, 12:53:13 by rowmanns »
Send me your scene!

2022-10-06, 12:51:53
Reply #141

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging

I attached 2 files:

Thanks,

Dionysios -
Hi,

This is strange, it seems to be to do with the loading of tonemapping operators. We added the crash handler in RC1 to help with crashes like these..

I have a question with regard to the cxrs that you sent through, is the first one saved with the tonemapping pipeline which you are saving to tiff?

Thanks,

Rowan

Thanks for getting back and my answer is: Yes it is! Same tonemapping pipeline.

2022-10-06, 12:57:52
Reply #142

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
when the server starts the job all the Tonemapping settings turn back to reset.

I know this is the "have you plugged in the device?" question but just to make sure: the BB server(s) also run the matching daily build?

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2022-10-06, 13:12:31
Reply #143

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
when the server starts the job all the Tonemapping settings turn back to reset.

I know this is the "have you plugged in the device?" question but just to make sure: the BB server(s) also run the matching daily build?

Good Luck

Yes, all the servers + workstations use the same release!

2022-10-06, 14:30:11
Reply #144

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Ok, hear me out, I'm going a little crazy here. Corona Daily Sept 26, Max 2023.1, Windows 10.

I have started 2 support tickets for you (58843, 58844). Please check your inbox at i***@**********e.ee

Great, thank you. I'm thinking it must be the scene... a lot more weird stuff going on! So I've sent you the archive (sorry it's so large).

Another example of weirdness happening in this scene, the bitmaps are corrupting somehow. See attached screenshot. The textures are rendering like this!

Edit; this seems to probably be resolved with the latest daily

This weird bitmap texture issue is still remaining (including RC1). However, I noticed it only happens for CoronaBitmaps. If I convert them all to bitmaps this weird glitch doesn't happen.
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2022-10-06, 15:15:24
Reply #145

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
This weird bitmap texture issue is still remaining (including RC1). However, I noticed it only happens for CoronaBitmaps. If I convert them all to bitmaps this weird glitch doesn't happen.
Hi,

I think this is being continued in the support ticket, from initial investigation it is caused by the out of core textures feature.
I will let the support team continue the investigation there, so we just have everything in one place. Otherwise it will get really confusing.

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-10-06, 15:17:06
Reply #146

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

It looks like we have narrowed down the cause of this. It seems to be because of having windows text to speech enabled..

We have a fix for it in the pipeline and it should be included in RC3.

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-10-06, 15:35:26
Reply #147

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Hi,

It looks like we have narrowed down the cause of this. It seems to be because of having windows text to speech enabled..

We have a fix for it in the pipeline and it should be included in RC3.

Cheers,

Rowan

Windows text to speech enabled...

Seriously? :D
How did you find that????

Well, good to know you traced the problem.

Thanks Rowan!

2022-10-06, 21:49:11
Reply #148

Basshunter

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've found a very weird problem in Corona R3. Some images are loaded totally off when using Corona Bitmap. They look Ok when loaded using Max standard bitmap though. Any idea what's going on?

2022-10-07, 01:41:20
Reply #149

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I've found a very weird problem in Corona R3. Some images are loaded totally off when using Corona Bitmap. They look Ok when loaded using Max standard bitmap though. Any idea what's going on?

Could you send us at least one of the problem images? Can do it via ticket (support.chaos.com/requests/new) if it can't be shared publicly on the forum.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us