Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] I need help!

corona8 frame buiffer, darker

<< < (2/2)

TomG:
Your Bitmap Files Output Gamma is 1.0, and not 2.2, see this warning I get on opening the scene:

tom182:
only when i restarted max that I saw that dialog,
wierd thing was that this was a scene from earlier Corona R6 that was rendering out fine, but gamma output changed after R8 or something else caused it that I am unaware of.

So i save out image at 2.2 from VFB. Thats what it should be at correct? or can i have it set to 2.2 automatically?

I have outputgamma @2.2 in currentdefault.ini file so presumed that took care of the bitmap output gamma

cheers

TomG:
So as far as I can see, versions of Max newer than 2014 do not offer separate controls for input and output gamma, and it's all covered in https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4528480099345-How-to-configure-gamma-for-rendering-

Based on that, this scene must have been saved from 2014 with incorrect Output Gamma, or saved from a Max with an incorrect .ini file that had the output gamma entry set to 1.0. The swap in versions of Corona won't have changed anything, since these are all Max settings, and must come from a different version of Max rather than an update to Corona. Hope that helps!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version