Author Topic: Chaos Licensing Feedback/Help  (Read 42288 times)

2022-07-22, 09:02:35
Reply #105

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I don't have a licence and cannot render. My request for Chaos helpdesk was issued (#48186) 36 hours ago. 36 hours passed and not a single word from the helpdesk (no other that there IS a licence on my account), nothing has changed in regard of licence showing up in my chaos licence server. Without any reason it just stopped working - the payment went off, money is deducted from my account, as it does since the first commercial release of Corona. There was no update of any software, I didn't even changed the settings in renderer and yet - no licence. It happened right on the day of payment. It definitely stands up to the company name - chaos...

There is a support agent assigned to your ticket investigating the issue. Sorry that it is taking so long, but it may be a complex case.
I can suggest two workarounds for now:
1) Try activating the trial license - https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/6872885108241
2) Buy another subscription under a different email address and request a refund once the original issue is resolved. We have a 14-day refund policy - https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4402140621457

Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2022-07-22, 09:25:44
Reply #106

rozpustelnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
1) Try activating the trial license - https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/6872885108241
2) Buy another subscription under a different email address and request a refund once the original issue is resolved. We have a 14-day refund policy - https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4402140621457

Wouldn't this put me in non favourable position of paying more as a new customer instead of having it the "old way = no change in the pricing plan"?

2022-07-22, 09:28:24
Reply #107

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile

Wouldn't this put me in non favourable position of paying more as a new customer instead of having it the "old way = no change in the pricing plan"?

What I meant was that you could cancel and refund the new type of license. Then you would keep the old type.

2022-07-22, 09:33:47
Reply #108

rozpustelnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I see. Thank you.

2022-07-22, 10:59:23
Reply #109

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
The original issue should be resolved now.

2022-08-08, 15:31:21
Reply #110

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
My internet went down today for few minutes and instantly Corona became unusable. Frankly i'm shocked to see how much licensing is dependent on good connection. I'm lucky that my internet is very stable and short interruptions are very rare. I can't imagine what's like to work with Chaos products for someone who has intermittent connection.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2022-08-08, 15:42:09
Reply #111

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
My internet went down today for few minutes and instantly Corona became unusable. Frankly i'm shocked to see how much licensing is dependent on good connection. I'm lucky that my internet is very stable and short interruptions are very rare. I can't imagine what's like to work with Chaos products for someone who has intermittent connection.

If you have activated your license and internet connection drops mid-work, this should not be a problem unless you restart your host app.
As explained here: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4526312697489-Will-I-be-able-to-render-if-my-Internet-connection-is-lost-

If your internet connection is stable and only sometimes drops (happens to everyone, right?), this should not be a problem (because: see above).

If you know that your connection is poor so that you can predict it will drop from time to time (e.g. mobile data), you can borrow a license for offline usage for 14 days (and you can repeat that): https://docs.chaos.com/display/LIC5/Borrowing+Licenses+for+Offline+Use

2022-08-08, 16:06:00
Reply #112

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
But it was a problem. In the middle of the working session 3ds Max suddenly started to freeze heavily. Every time i did some change in material editor, Max would completely freeze for minute or so. i thought it's a Max thing, but then i noticed Corona error window with message that it's unable to acquire the license and material previews became black. The moment internet connection came back, everything start working again. It's not that i would work without internet for a week or so - Corona went crazy immediately after connection was lost.

2022-08-08, 16:16:39
Reply #113

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
But it was a problem. In the middle of the working session 3ds Max suddenly started to freeze heavily. Every time i did some change in material editor, Max would completely freeze for minute or so. i thought it's a Max thing, but then i noticed Corona error window with message that it's unable to acquire the license and material previews became black. The moment internet connection came back, everything start working again. It's not that i would work without internet for a week or so - Corona went crazy immediately after connection was lost.

Thanks for sharing this, we will run some checks. I remember testing this (e.g. shutting down the network adapter) and everything was working as expected, but maybe we missed something or something changed.

2022-08-09, 15:28:29
Reply #114

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I tried reproducing this in Max 2022 and 2023, Corona 8 HF2 and the 05.08 V9 daily, but everything is working as expected. I tried doing things like regular rendering, IR, creating new materials, editing material values with IR on and off, it works the same way with the connection on and off. If you are able to somehow reproduce it, please report it to us and we will try to find out what may be wrong.

2022-08-09, 16:43:36
Reply #115

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Hmm, neither do i. Tried to manually disable the internet and everything works just fine. Don't know what went wrong last time. Must be Windows, or something. Sorry for false report.

2022-08-27, 22:04:26
Reply #116

Buzzz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,
I'm working and it have - 197 error no available license. Suddenly!
What's the problem?
Today I made the payment.
In my Chaos panel, the Corona license has disappeared.
I am in the middle of a job for your delivery, please help me.
I sent an email to support
Thanks and regards.
« Last Edit: 2022-08-28, 10:07:26 by Buzzz »

2022-08-29, 10:31:41
Reply #117

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
This appears to be already solved through our support portal. I have sent an additional question to make sure.

2022-08-29, 10:45:28
Reply #118

Buzzz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This appears to be already solved through our support portal. I have sent an additional question to make sure.

Hi Maru,
Yes, now is working!
Thanks a lot!

2022-08-29, 10:46:42
Reply #119

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Perfect. Thanks for confirming, and apologies for the inconvenience!