Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] I need help!

Hair and fur. Hide base mesh

<< < (2/2)

lupaz:
Thanks Rowan.
I agree with you. It does make sense.
But when I googled for an answer to how to hide the base mesh, this came up:

https://forums.cgsociety.org/t/hair-and-fur-base-geometry/1556206/5

"Sure you can: select the base object > right-click > object properties > rendering control group > if ‘by layer’ is active, change to ‘by object’ > un-tick where it says ‘renderable’."

rowmanns:
Hi,

That's interesting. Maybe something changed in 3ds Max, that's from way back in 2012 and it's more than possible that something in Max changed too.

It seems you have a workaround already, so if you're happy with that then I won't dive any deeper into it at the moment :)

Thanks,

Rowan

lupaz:

--- Quote from: rowmanns on 2022-01-12, 17:04:15 ---Hi,

That's interesting. Maybe something changed in 3ds Max, that's from way back in 2012 and it's more than possible that something in Max changed too.

It seems you have a workaround already, so if you're happy with that then I won't dive any deeper into it at the moment :)

Thanks,

Rowan

--- End quote ---

Sure. No worries. I just wanted to know what the normal behavior was. Thanks.

romullus:
Something tells me that something has changed in Corona and not in the 3ds Max. I have character that i've been rendering since Corona alpha 5 and if i open this character in V8, the trick with making base mesh non renderable via object properties is working, i.e. the mesh itself is not rendering, but the hair that grows on it, is rendering. I can't make it work like this on freshly created mesh though.

--- Quote from: rowmanns on 2022-01-12, 16:11:28 ---I checked this back to Corona v5 and it has behaved the same all along.

--- End quote ---

I think you need to roll back even more, possibly to V1.6 when there were no hair material.

--- Quote from: rowmanns on 2022-01-12, 16:11:28 ---I can log this as a bug, but the behaviour seems logical to me. If the base object is set to non renderable then the modifier shouldn't be rendered.

--- End quote ---

Using low-poly non-renderable mesh for growing hair is pretty common with CG characters. I think all the renders that i've tried, supports rendering hair from non-renderable mesh.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version