Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] I need help!

Caustics flickering in animation

(1/3) > >>

TYCHE:
Hey Guys, for a new project im testing animated caustics right now and i'm actually very impressed and happy with first rnd results.

What i noticed, is a slight light flickering under the surface? Has anybody noticed that?

I've tried to switch from PathTracing+UHDCache to both Path Tracing and increasing the PassLimit, but i still got this flickering?
Thanks in Advance!

toupan:
Up !

I have many flickering problems too with Corona Caustics.
Is there any solution? Unit cm/cm can be a problem for exemple ?

maru:
Hi @TYCHE and @toupan!
We are extremely interested in these kinds of scenes with flickering caustics. Could you please send us an example scene like this? It can be a production scene, or if you are not allowed to share it, or just don't want to, you can try preproducing the same issue in a simpler scene, or remove some parts of your scene while keeping the issue visible. This would be highly appreciated!

We should also be able to provide you with a workaround, which worked in similar cases, but to verify this, we first need a scene where this can be replicated.

You can use the uploader in my signature and after the successful upload, let me know what was your file name.

Thank you in advance.

toupan:
Thanks you so much Maru.

I prepare a simple scene actually and a video, i ll send to you tomorrow cause that make me crazy lol ^^ i definitly love corona render since four years and i really want to do all my caustik animations jobs with it.

See u soon so.

maru:
Thanks a lot! I'll be waiting for the files.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version