Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] Resolved Bugs

Involuntary change in camera - Shutter speed changes from 1/1000 to 0.02

(1/3) > >>

Cinemike:
For some reason, the shutter speed changed in my scene from 1/1000 to 0.02 (Corona camera, overriding everything). The result: A totally overexposed image (of course, that's 50 seconds, some taking over from the ISO, something else?). I have no idea what actually caused it, but it happened at least with two scenes when I saved them under a new name (from 1a to1b, for example). The former scene then had this strange value applied to, too, when I opened to check. Must have happened while saving, I guess.

My system: Win 10, i7-4770k, C4D R18, Corona Beta 1 from April 7.

I will try to isolate this issue more, but maybe someone of the developers has a clue or can get one from this description.

CU
Michael

Cinemike:
Create a new scene, set Corona as renderer. Add a Corona camera. Set shutter speed to 1/1000. Save scene.
Close. Re-Load.
Shutter speed is 0.02.

TomG:
I've seen this too - though, oddly, the effect only appears in the render if I click on the Corona Camera Tag. I was having a look at this free scene at https://www.patreon.com/posts/free-scene-c4d-8308978 and it renders as expected, unless I click on the Tag, in which case the 0.02 shutter speed takes effect (so, perhaps the change to 0.02 only happens when clicking on the camera tag?)

Cinemike:

--- Quote from: TomG on 2017-04-11, 13:27:28 ---... unless I click on the Tag, in which case the 0.02 shutter speed takes effect (so, perhaps the change to 0.02 only happens when clicking on the camera tag?)

--- End quote ---

Like a Schrodinger's cat camera tag - working and not working at the same time, until you click/check? Quite possible, something needs to trigger it.
Anyway, to me it only happened in my today's test after saving, closing and reloading the scene. But then it is there, reliably.

A Schrodinger's cat bug that needs saving - that's almost of philosophical-theological proportions ;)

Cinemike:
@Tom G.: But you are right. It seems that the tag has to be active during saving to be affected. I made some changes in the tag, selected another tag and saved the scene.
After reloading, it still rendered correctly until I clicked the tag.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version