Author Topic: Corona Image Editor feedback  (Read 37148 times)

2017-03-31, 17:04:39
Reply #30

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Just a quick note in case Mike doesn't get time - the problem EXR was saved from Max as Integer rather than Float. An error message will be added to the CIE to indicate when this has happened. Just be sure to check what Max has defaulted to when you save an EXR :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-03-31, 18:00:54
Reply #31

mike288

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Yes, Tom, thank you. :-) This too will be in the next DB.
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2017-03-31, 19:47:46
Reply #32

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
1. Maybe error message "Cannot read image file "...". File is not an image file." should be replaced with "Cannot read image file "...". File is not supported image file."?  It's rather strange to find that jpeg is not an image file ;]

2. Do you plan to bring support for .HDR files?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-04-01, 22:28:50
Reply #33

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Since CIE doesn't has undo, it should ask confirmation when user press reset settings button.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-04-03, 09:57:39
Reply #34

Flavius

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi team,

So I've been playing a bit more with this AMAZING tool, love it. But I think I've encountered a bug:

-While setting the Temp. color of light to a low value, the color of the light gets black, or I assume some super negative 32bits value since the whole image goes black. See here http://clip2net.com/s/3J7AtIA 

It seems to happen on Temp. lower than ~2000K

! This doesn't happen if I manually enter some HSV values, so I assume there is something broken with the Temp. Slider ? I can send the .cxr file if that would help.

Also, the app seems slower than if I would do this in the Corona VFB from Max, is this normal? about twice as slow, even when clicking lights on/off.

Thanks!

« Last Edit: 2017-04-03, 10:02:55 by Flavius »

2017-04-03, 13:29:44
Reply #35

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Two nice-to-have feature requests from me:
-crop (including specifying aspect ratio, horizontal/vertical switch, proportional resizing)
-rotate (including grid overlay, and defining horizon line)
-mirror
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-04-03, 14:10:58
Reply #36

Ryuu

• Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Thanks for reporting all the issues. We'll look into them.

Two nice-to-have feature requests from me:
-crop (including specifying aspect ratio, horizontal/vertical switch, proportional resizing)
-rotate (including grid overlay, and defining horizon line)
-mirror

No, no and no :) While these features are not that hard to implement, they definitiely won't make it into 1.6. They may be possible for 1.7 if enough people want them.

2017-04-03, 20:59:54
Reply #37

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
1. Maybe error message "Cannot read image file "...". File is not an image file." should be replaced with "Cannot read image file "...". File is not supported image file."?  It's rather strange to find that jpeg is not an image file ;]

2. Do you plan to bring support for .HDR files?

1) Thank you. It is a 3rd party message, but I will override it to give it more sense.
2) Yes. And we also plan to add direct support for loading JPEG files.
« Last Edit: 2017-04-03, 22:20:54 by mike288 »
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2017-04-03, 22:27:52
Reply #38

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
-While setting the Temp. color of light to a low value, the color of the light gets black, or I assume some super negative 32bits value since the whole image goes black. See here http://clip2net.com/s/3J7AtIA 

! This doesn't happen if I manually enter some HSV values, so I assume there is something broken with the Temp. Slider ? I can send the .cxr file if that would help.

Also, the app seems slower than if I would do this in the Corona VFB from Max, is this normal? about twice as slow, even when clicking lights on/off.
Thanks for the bug report. I will inspect this and let you know. As for the speed issues - do you have bloom and glare enabled while playing with LightMix?

2017-04-03, 22:31:24
Reply #39

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Since CIE doesn't has undo, it should ask confirmation when user press reset settings button.
Good idea. We will consider it. Thanks.

2017-04-04, 00:17:04
Reply #40

Flavius

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Thanks for the bug report. I will inspect this and let you know. As for the speed issues - do you have bloom and glare enabled while playing with LightMix?

Hello,

Haha, yes I had Bloom and Glare enabled, that makes sense. Silly me.

By the way, about the Color Temp, Corona VFB is affected as well. So a color Temp of 1901 is ok, but color temp of 1900 switches the whole image to black, well to -nan(ind) whatever witchcraft that is :d (when color picking it)

2017-04-04, 13:26:20
Reply #41

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Can you clarify? What it the purpose of that image editor and what advantage to pohotoshop or image viewer like xnviewMP etc?

2017-04-04, 13:39:42
Reply #42

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Primary objective is to offer functionality of Corona framebuffer outside of 3ds Max - mainly denoising, lightmixing, but also postprocessing. This is our start and we will see where we go from there.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-04-04, 13:50:49
Reply #43

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Ondra. I see now, yes denoising and lightmixing without resume rendering of saved EXR is good, but i think more convenient to use it will be via Photoshop plugin or connection to Corona Image Editor in Photoshop.

2017-04-04, 15:45:36
Reply #44

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Our intention is currently not to replace photoshop, but to give you more convenient way to access the unique Corona features. That might change in the future though ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)