Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] Resolved Bugs

Compositing tag - "Cast no shadows" not working

(1/2) > >>

Gnorkie:
Hi there,

I found a bug (I guess) concerning compositing tag: if you deselect "cast shadows" the object casts shadows anyway.

Seen/not seen in reflections is working.

houska:
Hi, I suppose you're talking about the Corona compositing tag. You should always prefer Corona counterparts to the Cinema original tags, materials, objects, etc... This is because we don't have non-functional settings in the Corona versions. That said, "Cast shadows" is not working and we should remove it from the Corona tag, so thanks for the report!

hog0:

--- Quote from: houska on 2017-04-05, 10:54:46 ---Hi, I suppose you're talking about the Corona compositing tag. You should always prefer Corona counterparts to the Cinema original tags, materials, objects, etc... This is because we don't have non-functional settings in the Corona versions. That said, "Cast shadows" is not working and we should remove it from the Corona tag, so thanks for the report!

--- End quote ---

please do not remove it, is it really impossible to fix this? thats one of the most used features for me on vray compositing tag.. please get it finally working :/

houska:

--- Quote from: hog0 on 2017-04-05, 13:57:19 ---
--- Quote from: houska on 2017-04-05, 10:54:46 ---Hi, I suppose you're talking about the Corona compositing tag. You should always prefer Corona counterparts to the Cinema original tags, materials, objects, etc... This is because we don't have non-functional settings in the Corona versions. That said, "Cast shadows" is not working and we should remove it from the Corona tag, so thanks for the report!

--- End quote ---

please do not remove it, is it really impossible to fix this? thats one of the most used features for me on vray compositing tag.. please get it finally working :/

--- End quote ---

Well, the thing is, now the checkbox is confusing people by not working as it should, so it should not be there.

As for the "cast shadows" option, it was removed for being too unrealistic and breaking the lighting in images. There were several reasons for this, but for example consider that by disabling the shadow casting by some object, you're basically making the scene lighter by illuminating the object itself AND the object onto which the shadow would have been cast. This double illumination then diffuses into the whole scene making it unrealistically brighter. What you can do is disable the object for GI in the compositing tag. Hope that helps you...

Edit: fixed a typo...

hog0:
sorry i think i mixed this up with a shadowcatcher.. (a surface that isnt visible in the image but catches the shadow of something else^^)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version