Author Topic: Volumetric/SSS rendering playground  (Read 135302 times)

2014-07-27, 15:51:31
Reply #30

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
the most common sss test ever ;)
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2014-07-27, 16:49:37
Reply #31

kumodot

• Active Users
  • Corona ADDICTED and Evangelist
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot
Nice Results Lacilaci !

When i am using Blend the texture on CoronaMTL layer is toned down, cause the black parts and contrasts are being mixed with SSS... We can see this on the LeePerry´s brows, on the difuse image his brows are black, on blended result the brow are "brown"...

On the tests i saw with Arnold render the difuse texture looks much  constrated... I will try to map the sss effect using Blend Masks, maybe it´s the way to go.

I was looking in to Solid Angle site about Skin, but didn´t find so much extra tips...

https://support.solidangle.com/display/mayatut/Guide+to+Rendering+Realistic+Skin

But now i am starting to see how to use SSS within CoronaMTL... So i need to use Refraction and Translucency as any translucent material but adding SSS calculations into account... Hmmm....Tks.
Your Portuguese is worse than my english.
--------------------------------------------
3DGeneralist/Vfx Supervisor

2014-07-27, 16:50:55
Reply #32

kumodot

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot
   Thanks a lot for the extra info Ondra ! Are you going to add those tips on "ToolTips" ?

Use the scattering inside coronaMtl, it behaves the same as volumemtl and you dont need to use blend.

G is the same as vray phase parameter in the help you linked. Generally there is no reason to change it from defaults except when you are rendering clouds, then you should increase the value to get the silver lining effect - see attachment

2014-07-27, 17:55:32
Reply #33

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
already added ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-07-27, 18:49:55
Reply #34

kumodot

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot
OMG, now i get it to work with CoronaMTL, just need to control opacity, refraction, Tranlucency, it´s amazing. :)

2014-07-27, 20:22:33
Reply #35

Stan_But

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/archdizs
Cool, guys! It's a excellent improving of Corona!

Use translucency for SSS media (skin), regular refraction for scattering liquids (juice), and CoronaVolumeMtl or CoronaMtl with black opacity for media without defined border (fog, smoke, clouds)

Maybe would be good include this to first post?

2014-07-27, 20:42:37
Reply #36

d-3

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok First Test! still trying to figure out how this works LOL
Ondra come to Brazil and i will kiss you like a bicth kkkk
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gz877ehk3y43w60/corona_SSS_002.jpg
« Last Edit: 2014-07-28, 18:14:28 by d-3 »

2014-07-27, 21:30:38
Reply #37

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
This is a test for orange juice i did, there is a weird green tint produced by the juice as you see, I don't know if it's a bug or i did something wrong !

« Last Edit: 2014-07-28, 23:43:24 by Chakib »

2014-07-27, 21:51:54
Reply #38

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
this happens sometimes, the UI is not totally intuitive right now. We are trying to find out if it could be improved. You can try setting absorbtion color to gray

also sss mode checkbox currently has no effect
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-07-27, 22:50:33
Reply #39

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Here is my orange juice.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2014-07-27, 23:07:29
Reply #40

CiroC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Is this available on the Daily builds? I would really really love to try this with vegetation. :D

2014-07-27, 23:49:05
Reply #41

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
this happens sometimes, the UI is not totally intuitive right now. We are trying to find out if it could be improved. You can try setting absorbtion color to gray

also sss mode checkbox currently has no effect

I see, I will try the grey color, also i will test my chocolate scene soon i always wanted to test sss on it :D

2014-07-28, 02:10:10
Reply #42

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
Corona Development is amazing fast!! cant wai to A8 or B1 !!!! are you planning on some typ of manual on the new things?? (sss, ambient fog)  Great to see the users uploading new and awesome stuff :)

2014-07-28, 03:12:59
Reply #43

kumodot

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot
  Volume fog using CoronaVolumeMTL is awesome, but it seems to be just 4fun/testing at this stage. It seems impossible to cleanup this. (Look the fog around the light source and the bounce of red color re-scattering back on the fog, this is amazing and crazy complex calculations i guess.

2014-07-28, 04:38:58
Reply #44

kumodot

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Kumodot
Maybe my eyes are fooling me, but this SSS thing (Volume) looks that it´s doing and incredible work on refracted light, but it seems that reflected lights (specular) absorption don´t reacts as expected...

It reflects like an ordinary material not like if its absorbing part of the reflection and scatering those "rays" of light/reflections into/inside the surfaces, making the specs smoother and with an sss look. I don´t know if i am being clear... It´s something subtle to explain...Don´t you guys feels that ?