Author Topic: R 23 and corona renderer  (Read 1362 times)

2023-08-27, 23:40:13

Phil_G_92

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello, I've been trying to install Corona renderer 8 for Cinema 4D R23 (Windows) for a few hours, but I seem to be too stupid to do so.
I've worked with the R20 so far, which had a plugin and everything worked great via the installer.

R 23 does not have a plugin folder. In the R 23 I have specified a plugin folder in the search directory, but no matter whether the Corona folders are in the plugin folder or I use the installer, the error message "No installation path selected for this component. This may be caused by selecting plugins for software that was not detected on this system.
Operation result: failed"

Do you know a solution?

sorry for bad english

2023-08-28, 06:46:56
Reply #1

aler

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I haven't experienced this, but...
1. I heard that if there is no "plugins" folder in the new versions of Cinema, then you can create it yourself.
2. there is also a second folder "plugins" in AppData: C:\Users\***\AppData\Roaming\MAXON\CINEMA 4D*version*\plugins

2023-08-28, 08:37:52
Reply #2

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
MAXON have the plugins folder in the sdk.zip. Not sure why. You can either extract it to your C4D folder or as suggested, create a new one.

Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2023-08-28, 09:22:21
Reply #3

Phil_G_92

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the help but unfortunately it still doesn't work. Neither the assigned plugin folder nor the plugin folder in /User/Roming/Maxon...

Still the message: No installation path selected for this component. This may be caused by selecting plugins for software that was not detected on this system.
Operation result: failed

Even if I unzip the folder and drag it into the plugin folder, Cinema 4D Corona Renderer does not appear

I also noticed that when unpacking the R23 there is only a "corona" folder and no chaos scatter folder

2023-08-28, 09:31:38
Reply #4

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Hi there, I just tried the unpack option here and there was indeed a scatter folder. Can you share some more screenshots? Where exactly are you extracting it to?

Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2023-08-28, 09:33:23
Reply #5

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Also, why are you still using Corona 8? Can you please try this with the latest version of V10 hotfix1?
https://corona-renderer.com/download
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2023-08-28, 09:43:42
Reply #6

Phil_G_92

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I work with 2 screens and every time I move the Corona VFB with Corona 10 it starts to render again

2023-08-28, 09:48:17
Reply #7

Phil_G_92

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It worked!
Version R 23.0.0 and Corona 10 Hotfix 1 work together. But the plugin folder must first be dragged from sdk to the Cinema 4D R 23 folder.

Thanks for the help :)

2023-08-28, 11:19:36
Reply #8

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
Hi Phil,

I'm glad it is working for you now :)
Bengamin Jerrems l