Author Topic: Opacity Noise [Corona 5 - 3ds Max 2020]  (Read 1532 times)

2020-09-05, 02:25:20

David Neal Goodman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
How do I reduce the noise in her hair (right side)? The overall noise in the image is at 1.59% and I can't get it to clear.

2020-09-11, 18:46:52
Reply #1

David Neal Goodman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
ed
« Last Edit: 2020-09-11, 20:06:08 by David Neal Goodman »

2020-09-11, 19:21:41
Reply #2

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I don't think that's a noise, that's not enough antialiasing. What image filter is set in your Corona render settings? Maybe try to change it to some that produce softer result and/or increase its radius. Run experiments with render region selected around problematic area, see if rendering more passes will helps with antialiasing the hair.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2020-09-11, 20:04:39
Reply #3

David Neal Goodman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for your reply, romullus.

The filter is default. I'll look at changing the filter and see if I can get better results. I can't really afford more render passes in the budget though, but I'll experiment to see if more passes would have helped.

2020-09-11, 21:00:34
Reply #4

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Is this for animation? If that's the case, then you definitely should try softer filtering. I think box is the softest. Also try to increase filter width to 3-4 px. Motion blur also could help a great deal with your issue, but it would add to render time, so maybe worth to try to apply it in post.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2020-09-11, 22:20:11
Reply #5

David Neal Goodman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is this for animation? If that's the case, then you definitely should try softer filtering. I think box is the softest. Also try to increase filter width to 3-4 px. Motion blur also could help a great deal with your issue, but it would add to render time, so maybe worth to try to apply it in post.

Yes it is. I'll try that. Thanks again.