Author Topic: Materials Appear Black in Viewport / Corona Material Library Unlinked  (Read 4089 times)

2019-02-23, 00:54:27

lj_lancaster

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi wonderful peoples,

I am having a little issue with Corona Material Library Textures at the moment. I was working on my project yesterday and after a lot of trial and error over the last week (and doing clean re-installs of both corona and 3DS Max) I had finally got the materials to display correctly in the view port. Up until this point every material I placed into the scene would render okay but in the display view port would show as black. I counteracted this by changing the "Show Shaded Material in Viewport" from the final composed material to a standard bitmap and this appeared to have worked.

Anyways, today I opened up 3DS and all materials that appeared to be working in the view port [acceptably] yesterday have again turned to pitch black. I have narrowed it down to what I believe may be causing the issue and I have installed a script to Relink Bitmaps; (as all Corona Bitmaps were missing). However even with relinking the bitmaps the viewport will still only show the materials as pitch black (despite rendering them acceptably).

So, I guess my question is this - How do I get the viewport to display the materials correctly and not as pitch black?

I HAD copied the corona materials folder to my User Paths but that did not work, so currently seeking other options........

Thanks a million for any advice you provide,

Cheers
LJ.
« Last Edit: 2019-02-23, 01:42:15 by lj_lancaster »

2020-09-16, 17:14:04
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
lj_lancaster - in your video, on the right side, we can see that if you set your camera at a specific angle, we can actually see the texture on the otherwise black geometry. This would suggest that either:
- the normals are wrong in your geometry - to test, you can apply the same material to some newly-created object, like a sphere
or
- your viewport settings are weird - try going to View > Viewport Per-View Settings and changing from "1 default light" to "2 default lights"

« Last Edit: 2020-09-16, 18:06:22 by maru »
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us