Author Topic: Renderìng a stereoscopic 360° Sphere  (Read 4059 times)

2015-05-20, 12:07:21

siadebisi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
is there a way to render a stereoscopic 360° Sphere?

2015-05-20, 13:08:21
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
If you mean to create an interactive panoramic view, then there is this:
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,3544.msg25765/topicseen.html#new
But it doesn't support stereoscopy. I believe 2 spherical panoramas like this would be required so one solution would be to place 2 cameras in a small distance next to each other. But then you would need some additional software to make it "alive".
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-05-20, 14:05:13
Reply #2

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
What I think he's requesting is something like that: http://www.andrewhazelden.com/blog/2014/10/render-spherical-stereo-content-with-the-domemaster3d-v1-6-alpha/
Instead of just rendering 2 spheres out of 2 fixed camera positions it's rendering a different camera position per vertical pixel line. Sounds a bit crazy but basically it's rendering at a different head position for each degree of rotation (like a camera attached to your forehead and rotating around your neck)

Currently it's the only acceptable way to render 360° stereoscopic videos but it's still pretty limited (never tilt your head to the side if you want to keep your breakfast in).
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2015-05-25, 04:27:53
Reply #3

siadebisi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi ;)
Thanks for your answers ;) I will try the first solution first, because i would like to use corona shaders ;D Otherwise i would switch to unity ;) I borrowed a oculus and wanted to see what i can reach with it ;)

It would be cool to get a CamModifier which would be able to be the "moving eye" in the 360° turn around the other eyes axes, but i think there wouldn´t be a lot of people using it ;)