Author Topic: How to set up motion blur or motion trails for post production in After Effects  (Read 3700 times)

2020-01-12, 00:08:47

johnnyswedish

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Forum!

I am working on a website intro were there is 3 robots zooming in from the distance into camera view. They want this bit to have motion trails kind of like Tron light trails or long motion blur trails. The rest of the animation needs to be in focus. I am scared of sending the project to my render farm using Coronas native motion blur as I don't have any control over the final output and rather do this in After Effects. I have looked at RSMB but apparently it as issues with Corona and vector pass? What are my options to get my Corona renders into After Effects to create this? Never used motion blur so any help would be great :-) Thanks! John

2020-01-13, 14:52:44
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
There aren't issues with RSMB that I am aware of, so long as you choose the right form for the pass (camera or world, correct offset). You'd need to check RSMB documentation to discover what format it needs the velocity pass in. We do have a tutorial, but that uses Fusion -

I'd check https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=19437.msg121846#msg121846 for some info on what RSMB expects and how to set that up from Corona.

Either way, definitely test locally before sending to a farm.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-01-14, 17:40:19
Reply #2

Br0nto

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This still only renders out black frames for us, as has been the issue for us since we initially got Corona. Is the vector pass broken in Corona C4D v5? That tutorial is for 3ds Max.

2020-01-14, 17:59:39
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Oh, sorry, I always find threads through "Recent unread" and didn't notice this was C4D :( The velocity pass is not working in C4D as you say, sorry.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-01-14, 20:06:28
Reply #4

johnnyswedish

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Yes, frustrating. I do want to buy RSMB but if Corona can't output the correct channels I am buggered 😳🤔

2020-01-14, 20:52:07
Reply #5

lollolo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Yes, frustrating. I do want to buy RSMB but if Corona can't output the correct channels I am buggered 😳🤔

Yep, that is frustrating. As a workaround: You can use a different render engine like native c4d to render this pass out.
Hope it will be fixed in V6!