Author Topic: 1.5.1 and Fault Tolerant Heap - sudden occurrence on two nodes  (Read 2500 times)

2016-11-14, 13:03:33

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I've read about the FTH 'feature' before here and have never seen it on my machines but now two of my nodes started to show this when rendering as DR nodes with 1.5.1 and I'm not sure why. Rendering takes 10GB of 64GB available so it doesn't look like memory is the problem. These are Win7 machines and for some reason they refuse to even list available Windows Updates but Corona installed fine on both. Also, the FTH warning doesn't come up every time.

Now I'm not sure why Corona would trigger this at all. I haven't even heard of FTH before and I wonder why it's the only program that will cause FTH to kick in.

2016-11-14, 14:36:22
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi, have you seen this short article?
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000678431

1. How do you know that FTH has never been triggered before? :)
2. You can find out what program exactly triggered FTH - usually it's Autodesk Communication Center (wscommcntr) and in such case it has noting to do with Corona.
3. It is perfectly safe to disable FTH completely and I would recommend it (the instructions are in that guide).
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-11-14, 15:24:26
Reply #2

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, have you seen this short article?
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000678431

1. How do you know that FTH has never been triggered before? :)
2. You can find out what program exactly triggered FTH - usually it's Autodesk Communication Center (wscommcntr) and in such case it has noting to do with Corona.
3. It is perfectly safe to disable FTH completely and I would recommend it (the instructions are in that guide).
Yes, of course I checked that article and followed some of the steps described there.

1. No entries in the Registry, only for the effing wscommcntr that you mention below. But yes, I can't guarantee it didn't happen before.
2. If it's an Autodesk thing and you're 100% certain - can it be something that can be escalated with Autodesk on your side? As a developer you probably have a voice?
3. Not sure. I disabled FTH globally. Now, both nodes run a CPU thread at 100% even if no app is launched since I disabled FTH. It's probably safe to assume that there are side effects.

2016-11-14, 16:19:58
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
2. If it's an Autodesk thing and you're 100% certain
We are
- can it be something that can be escalated with Autodesk on your side?
Yes, we can request autodesk to make 3dsmax and related programs more stable. Not sure it will help though ;)

As a developer you probably have a voice?
no :(
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2016-11-14, 16:21:19
Reply #4

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile