Author Topic: Swedish Apartment  (Read 16106 times)

2015-01-06, 16:03:22
Reply #15

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
great work , like the atmosphere alot :)
could share some lighting setup ?? :)

Thank you! There´s not much to it to be honest. I´ve used a HDRI together with VrayHDRI-loader, thats my total lighting setup :)

Very good work! No critics from me)!

Thanks!

Well... if i had too choose i would say the grey cover bed. :D
I'm curious about Arion... wonder if it worth the shot for small renders like mine.

Sure, I´ve attached a screenshot of the grey cover for the bed at the bottom of this post :) I think there´s a free demo (with watermarks everywhere so it´s hard too see) that you can try.

LOL, sorry for the experience, but that seems like the general consensus of RandomControl. They're after all the guys who shut down the forum to stop people complaining :- ). Communication was obviously never their strong part...

I tried it briefly, but not sure it felt comfortable. Various preset settings, sort of chaotic. Actually I forgot more, maybe I should dig up my former answer on this forum :- D But I should try it again.

Yeah Looks does have issue with hi-res files, they look somehow re-sampled. Definitely have to switch with native app back and forth (more easily done in After Effects than PS, where I would have to use smart layer to do so).

Yeah probably not the best way to treat customers :)
Those times when I used ArionFx I never used the presets (camera response curves?), but yes give another try!
Exactly! I find that I have to switch with native app with ArionFx as well...until they implement a zoom function, well IF they implement a zoom function. Yes, smart layer works pretty good with ArionFx and PS, but still not the optimal way to post-process!
It would be nice if Looks were updated to support higher resolution files! :)

2015-01-06, 19:41:59
Reply #16

borisquezadaa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the information on materials.
So if i get it straigth... a  fallof in the diffuse using 2 versions of the diff texture one a little whiter than other (using some color correction node i asume gamma perhaps or photoshoped one) question... is better to use brigthness, gamma, or saturation?
And a mix in the bump one with the textile fibers and other with some wrinkle map presume.
How do you mix the bump textures?... grayscale or normal map?... how do you mix it? add multiply overlay...
Sooo much questions arise.
I'm afraid we need mooooore...
If you have the time off course.
What i do with Corona My Corona post of random stuff rendering
WARNING: English.dll still loading...

2015-01-06, 19:58:44
Reply #17

Coronaut

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Cool, i like how you balanced light in images, chrome, cloth... everything :D
btw. random control didn't close forum you just need to register.

2015-01-06, 20:14:18
Reply #18

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Regarding ArionFx, I both like it and not. The bloom and glare are quite nice, but without a zoom-function it seems outdated and it´s pretty hard to see what the result is, especially on 5k renders. I also ran in to problems from the moment I tried using it on something like png-files (anything other than 32-bit). I really think it could be a good plugin if the developer listens to the customers needs. I mailed them asking politely if they have any plans on adding a zoom feature and it felt like the person answering me laughed in my face like I was stupid for wanting to be able to zoom...

Hi, I drop into the Arion FX experience:

Just unfortunately they do not have a zoom option.
I asked them about it and about the "Use selection" option and got a friendly email back. (I got the answer on a monday...... ;-))
This is the reply:
"The 'use selection' option will not show up in the AFX preview (because it needs to operate on the entire image for certain effects to render properly) but once you click 'OK', only the selection on your image in Photoshop will be used to apply AFX.

It is not possible, at the moment, to zoom in and out the preview window. The reason so far is mostly technical and also related to some effects that cannot operate properly on a 'crop', and thus the entire image needs to be processed, zoomed or not. We will probably have to enhance that to allow zooming in the future."

The way I work around the problem is by converting my base layer (the original render, EXR in my case) into a SMART OBJECT.
So the ARION FX action becomes a smart filter.

edit:
OK I just read you guys have the same wotkflow....... 
Nevermind, for what I need it for, it is a good plugin. Just a bit slow on High Res images.

« Last Edit: 2015-01-06, 20:20:01 by belly »

2015-01-06, 22:38:13
Reply #19

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
btw. random control didn't close forum you just need to register.

I didn't refer to current situation. They did, back when they decided to abandon FryRender.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-01-06, 23:35:40
Reply #20

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the information on materials.
So if i get it straigth... a  fallof in the diffuse using 2 versions of the diff texture one a little whiter than other (using some color correction node i asume gamma perhaps or photoshoped one) question... is better to use brigthness, gamma, or saturation?
And a mix in the bump one with the textile fibers and other with some wrinkle map presume.
How do you mix the bump textures?... grayscale or normal map?... how do you mix it? add multiply overlay...
Sooo much questions arise.
I'm afraid we need mooooore...
If you have the time off course.

I have attached a new screenshot below, hope that helps! Otherwise I´ll post more screenshots ;)

Thank you! :)

I asked them about it and about the "Use selection" option and got a friendly email back. (I got the answer on a monday...... ;-))
This is the reply...

Nice that you got a nice reply! :)

2015-01-07, 10:49:48
Reply #21

fLuppster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is the background a flat texture or some geometry?

2015-01-07, 12:47:56
Reply #22

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2015-01-07, 16:03:52
Reply #23

borisquezadaa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What where?... no attached image.
Thanks for your time.

2015-01-07, 16:08:02
Reply #24

nehale

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is the background a flat texture or some geometry?

Everything is geometry... :)

Really? did you model the trees or they are from a model collection?
I had a girlfriend once.....her name was Vray

2015-01-07, 17:50:21
Reply #25

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What where?... no attached image.
Thanks for your time.

Oops..hehe..sorry, must have missed to actually attached the screenshot! It should now be attached :)

Really? did you model the trees or they are from a model collection?

If I recall correctly they´re from Vizparks "Real Trees" collection.

2015-01-07, 22:36:43
Reply #26

borisquezadaa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well thats interesting... i'm gonna put to practice.
Thank you so much.

2015-01-09, 09:27:53
Reply #27

daniel.reutersward

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well thats interesting... i'm gonna put to practice.
Thank you so much.

No problem! I don´t know if there is any difference between my material setup and using 2 different bitmaps in the falloff-slot were one is brighter than the other, something I´m going to try!