Author Topic: Don't know how to use CoronaCamMod !!  (Read 8924 times)

2014-11-04, 07:26:56

omar.essam

• Active Users
  • CORONA LOVER
    • View Profile
    • My Behance Portfolio
Hello,
I'm already working and producing finished work with Corona. but till that moment I don't know how to use CoronaCamMod, I don't know how it's activated or what is it doing?!.. it seems to me that it doesn't change anything not in the viewport nor in render. Any help?!

2014-11-04, 09:27:22
Reply #2

omar.essam

• Active Users
  • CORONA LOVER
    • View Profile
    • My Behance Portfolio
Thanks, I ofcourse read this making-of, it is awesome, what is wrote in there about CCamMod is clear and basic, but that doesn't work with me, any suggestion that I'm doing something wrong?! :(

2014-11-04, 09:29:17
Reply #3

3dgraphics

• Active Users
    • View Profile
what exactly doesn't work by you?

2014-11-04, 09:43:55
Reply #4

omar.essam

• Active Users
  • CORONA LOVER
    • View Profile
    • My Behance Portfolio
what exactly doesn't work by you?

Well, it seems that "DOF" checked/unchecked works, but the whole section of "Basic Settings" is not working at all, I changed Film width from 35 to 90, nothing happens, neither in viewport nor in rendering, I played with ISO, F-Stop, nothing seems to change at all. what am I doing wrong??! I feel so stupid :D

Here's a sample of the problem "it's a close shot in a kitchen" (to test DOF as well )

2014-11-04, 09:48:50
Reply #5

3dgraphics

• Active Users
    • View Profile
To See the changes you have to stop Rendering and restart the render Job! Basic Camera Settings does not work on the fly! You can changes the Settings in the Camaramod modifier directly or in the mein Settings Windows by Checking on the Override Camaramod!!!

2014-11-04, 09:50:09
Reply #6

omar.essam

• Active Users
  • CORONA LOVER
    • View Profile
    • My Behance Portfolio
To See the changes you have to stop Rendering and restart the render Job! Basic Camera Settings does not work on the fly! You can changes the Settings in the Camaramod modifier directly or in the mein Settings Windows by Checking on the Override Camaramod!!!
Ofcourse I'm restarting rendering, if you noticed, one render is copied to MAX VFB and the other is in Corona VFB.

2014-11-04, 09:56:04
Reply #7

3dgraphics

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Do you mind that f-stop for example does no changes in Relation to the Film-width or f-stop does No changes at all?

2014-11-04, 10:02:31
Reply #8

omar.essam

• Active Users
  • CORONA LOVER
    • View Profile
    • My Behance Portfolio
Do you mind that f-stop for example does no changes in Relation to the Film-width or f-stop does No changes at all?
No, it doesn't change at all, I may send you 2 renders with different F-stop values, OR ISO values with everything else is constant, but sending them won't make any difference as they are EXACTLY the same.

2014-11-04, 10:03:17
Reply #9

omar.essam

• Active Users
  • CORONA LOVER
    • View Profile
    • My Behance Portfolio
But I am wondering, Do I have to check "use photographic exposure" option or not?!
and if Yes, what does that have to do with the Film Width?!!!

2014-11-04, 10:24:51
Reply #10

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
If you want to use "photographic" exposure controls, then you definitely need to have use photographic exposure checked. OTOH, why do you want "photographic" controls if you don't have a clue what it does? Use arbitrary exposure control (EV) - it's much easier to understand.

p.s. you really don't need to touch film width control, unless you know what you're doing.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2014-11-04, 10:41:05
Reply #11

3dgraphics

• Active Users
    • View Profile
sorry, I did not supouse that you don't have photographic exposure checked on!

2014-11-04, 10:44:05
Reply #12

omar.essam

• Active Users
  • CORONA LOVER
    • View Profile
    • My Behance Portfolio
If you want to use "photographic" exposure controls, then you definitely need to have use photographic exposure checked. OTOH, why do you want "photographic" controls if you don't have a clue what it does? Use arbitrary exposure control (EV) - it's much easier to understand.

p.s. you really don't need to touch film width control, unless you know what you're doing.

I think you got me wrong, I know what I'm doing (as I've been working in arch-viz for nearly 12 years, I suppose that I know what I'm doing :D), the CamMod just is not responding, that's what I'm saying.
a straight question, Should "film width" in CoronaCamMod  affect the "view" in the viewport? or it just appears in renders?

2014-11-04, 10:46:13
Reply #13

omar.essam

• Active Users
  • CORONA LOVER
    • View Profile
    • My Behance Portfolio
sorry, I did not supouse that you don't have photographic exposure checked on!
NVM, I really appreciate your help :)

2014-11-04, 14:12:54
Reply #14

naikku

• Active Users
    • View Profile
ok stupid question but there a big difference if I use normal 3ds max camera or if I apply this CamMod?
..never ever used it before...