Author Topic: Siger various tests  (Read 64254 times)

2014-10-27, 20:31:58

Siger

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Siger Studio
Hi!

comparatively recently I "found" Corona Renderer, and I was pleasantly surprised - is possible to predict (unambiguous) the successful future of this product.

Calculations speed allows "to play" very effectively with materials, and here I will publish tests of the some materials.

Rusty chrome-plated steel (full procedural - used Bercon maps by Jerry Ylilammi). Not finished.

If there is an opportunity to use Bitmaps - use them (best way - Bitmaps + Texmaps procedural). To use only procedural Texmaps for some materials is a perversion - for more or less realistic result we receive such "sausage"...

Some jewelry metals for the new CMPPmax (Corona Material Presets Pro for 3ds Max) :) Yellow Gold 14K and 18K.

Used new GGX shading model.
« Last Edit: 2015-01-23, 09:36:19 by headoff »

2014-10-27, 21:58:58
Reply #1

borisquezadaa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
HOLY CRAP!!!!...
Now that's something!.
I have tried to do some rusted materials with no luck.

Great one!

« Last Edit: 2014-10-27, 22:02:35 by borisquezadaa »
What i do with Corona My Corona post of random stuff rendering
WARNING: English.dll still loading...

2014-10-27, 22:21:42
Reply #2

Siger

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Siger Studio
Hi,
about two hours working with the procedural texmaps. Material is not complete, it is necessary to add scratches (additional), even a little dirt.

2014-10-27, 23:13:58
Reply #3

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Can highly suggest SigerShader Mat plugin :- )!

I use it only for custom materials I create, but if the Vray shaders (which are quite nice!) were converted to Corona I would gladly use as well.

Siger by jurajtalcik, on Flickr
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2014-10-28, 00:17:40
Reply #4

Siger

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Siger Studio
First look :)

2014-10-28, 10:34:48
Reply #5

tomislavn

• Active Users
  • Lightbringer
    • View Profile
    • My 3docean Portolio
Nice one! I'll definitely buy it when it is done :)

I use it only for custom materials I create, but if the Vray shaders (which are quite nice!) were converted to Corona I would gladly use as well.

Sooo, where can we buy your Corona library? ;D
« Last Edit: 2014-10-28, 10:38:44 by tomislavn »
My 3d stock portfolio - http://3docean.net/user/tomislavn

2014-10-28, 13:26:25
Reply #6

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Wow these look great!

Could I put in a request for the following materials:

1. Corten Steel

2. Patinated brass

3. Antique bronze

4. And a full library of tillable marble textures, most notably white veined marble as there seems to be a distinct lack of high res Calacatta Oro type marble materials available on the market.

If the above were included it would be an insta-buy from me!
Vray who?

2014-10-28, 13:57:15
Reply #7

RolandB

• Active Users
  • Corona fan
    • View Profile
    • Béhance portfolio
Yes and panels of wood too please ! It's very difficult to find large panels of wood, when having complete walls made of wood. They already are tileable and we always see the repetition...
Portfolio on Béhance
http://www.behance.net/GCStudio

2014-10-28, 15:27:39
Reply #8

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page

I got the impression from another topic that you weren't too fond of the Siger mats Juraj....guess I was wrong.

I used the mr series for a bit, but like you ended up using them as a basis for custom materials.

2014-10-28, 16:00:54
Reply #9

tomislavn

• Active Users
  • Lightbringer
    • View Profile
    • My 3docean Portolio

I got the impression from another topic that you weren't too fond of the Siger mats Juraj....guess I was wrong.

I used the mr series for a bit, but like you ended up using them as a basis for custom materials.

Maybe he likes the plugin only like he said, not the mats :D Who knows!
My 3d stock portfolio - http://3docean.net/user/tomislavn

2014-10-28, 16:08:23
Reply #10

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website

No you are correct, I preached the plugin :- ).

But I bought about 2-3 weeks ago the 3.001 for everyone and it seems like all the materials are rebuilt, with curves from Refractiveindex (!!), so it seems like whole new set. But I use Corona mostly so :- )/
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2014-10-28, 20:15:25
Reply #11

Siger

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Siger Studio
Hi,
to create some materials exist one serious problem with the CoronaMtl - Anisotropy orientation (rotation). It locked to global (world) space and is a big limitation to create materials like brushed/satin metals, some fabrics (silk, satin, moire, taffeta, crushed velvet, etc...), brushed plastics/carbon fiber... Currently anisotropy in CoronaMtl is absolutely useless: in case of change the object orientation or complex curvature geometry - anisotropy orientation still in the same direction. I very much hope that in case of opportunity will be made Anisotropy rotation in object/local/UV space.
But also at this stage material is very good ;)

2014-10-28, 20:23:36
Reply #12

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
Nice! would buy if the corona mats are in there!

2014-10-28, 22:30:39
Reply #13

Coronaut

• Active Users
    • View Profile
OMFG you given new meaning to the slate editor :D
Please can you limit your simple materials like gold, chrome or 10000 different shades of grey to a minimum :D in your corona release, and more of this rust BOO YAA in your face epic materials? (:

2014-10-29, 01:50:50
Reply #14

Siger

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Siger Studio
Special/deco metal finishes. Antique Brass coated/matte. Full procedural, only Max/Corona texmaps. For CMPPmax materials I don't use third-party plugins (like Bercon maps). More advanced shaders will be soon available in MatRepo ( www.sigerstudio.eu ). I plan to create the new section (and mentally already I began :D ) at MatRepo for Corona materials.