Author Topic: WHITE HOUSE  (Read 27333 times)

2014-10-13, 17:03:21
Reply #30

Coronaut

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes giving opinion is valuable thing but i think that there is difference if someone is saying something in manner "it is ok, but it needs a lot more work" I am just saying that this type of commenting started to be more often then it should.
Constructive critique?
Juraj please before you start doing "i know this guy" routine... Maybe someone doesn't know who DIA is and i am glad that i know now how good he is and that he is one of the best out there etc.
I have clearly stated that this is not about if he CAN or CAN NOT do better... It is just how he critique this, it is even more important when you know something better to share that in adequate manner instead putting your nose up like bunch of people that are good in their business these days(didn't say he done that)
Just talking from general point of view of people who are so up high that they forgot they were once at start... no matter how talented person is or hard working no one wouldn't benefit from such vague comment.

I think that your lines dropped here are in pilot phase, and they need more work. How that sounds pretty constructive isn't it? cmon
I didn't tell you or DIA or anyone for that matter something like "You should work on realism little more" that is vague same as telling someone on karaoke night "you should sing little more like David Bowie and you should also write your own stuff" and for 99% people that is here probably cuz of you or DIA or anyone else that is really good in this job not very respectful and pretty lame(from such wizards as you are)
As i mentioned earlier that is just conversational decency, if you are not able or you do not know how to give constructive(serving a useful purpose; tending to build up) criticism please do not give lame one "it could be more real" as you just gonna shit on other peoples hard work and your wizard shit tend to be more heavy then from unknown guy as me as you are best in this business.  That is the attitude, yes i did overreact and i did want to overreact as i wouldn't be able to drop continuation to my original post and in no way you would even notice that post.
So before you think that i think that your work is shit, i don't! I don't have anything else about you to say as i do not care even if you are devil, i don't know you and you are not my friend but if i do participate in this forum it is not as i want to accept your BS critique by default, and i am not defending author as he can speak for himself also i am not his friend nor do i know him but usually when lines are dropped as "it should be more real" forum starts to lose it's purpose... And year or two or 5 years from now people start telling "That was good forum few years back" And how many forums you know that are like that...
And yes i do care about reputation but i do accept the fact that i am human and that i can be total jackass, that i have same as every other person conciseness, jealousy and every bad shit you can think of...
But since you are thinking that critique like "it should be more realistic" is good(as you value his opinion) here it is what you wrote...

"I do not like it either, it's technically nice but I find the mood not fitting, it's far too monotone even for restricted palette." <----do you see any difference...

And stating that DIA is being malicious is more in affect and how fed up from that type of comments i could be(same as with BRAVO type) but at least kind words work better then shit ones...
And once again anyone should express line of thoughts and once again clap clap to your work(Juraj, DIA) nothing personal.
DIA i didn't know anything about you and now that i do, your comment is even more out of the line... And i am glad that you stopped and take notice on my remark to your comment, it's just my compliment to your work(that is great!) and bed commenting.
« Last Edit: 2014-10-13, 17:07:07 by Coronaut »

2014-10-13, 17:10:53
Reply #31

Coronaut

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey, guys
Stop stop :)))))
 because this work is not ideal , i khow, but I'm pleased it has caused so many disputes.
I don't pretend to be the best 3d peoples on the world, but I'll be there trying.

Thanks for the tip about my work
Sorry mate about hijacking your topic like this, totally out of line... but when it happens it happens.

2014-10-13, 17:17:36
Reply #32

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Yes but critique is critique, as long as it's not offensive and personal (ie:"you suck" and Dia's critique surely wasn't) it's whatever floats that person's boat :- ) The constructivness or other requirements for critique to ba valid are fallacy.It's up the person how he takes it or chooses to ignore.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2014-10-13, 17:26:03
Reply #33

borisquezadaa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well... good morning everyone. Its monday and a lot people in Chile wake up an hour earlier (myself included) cause cellphones decided to actualize time automatically.
So here i'm waiting outside work wandering why nobody opens the door and why all are so empty... no cars, no people just to realize the above.
Anyway... just to say that i enjoyed reading this thread in the meantime.

PS: Everyone complains that caustics are very slow. I try a way in Corona but was not quite good enough. So i'm working in a better fast way to do it  using another aproach. I become the men of workarounds.
Why i'm thinking in this?... well... some works are so good in this galleries but i havent seen any decent one with proper caustics.

So... finally i think that those exterior pool could use some caustics... XD. That...

All of you are awesome.
Have a great week!.
« Last Edit: 2014-10-13, 17:31:23 by borisquezadaa »
What i do with Corona My Corona post of random stuff rendering
WARNING: English.dll still loading...

2014-10-13, 17:35:02
Reply #34

Coronaut

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes it is not directly offensive and it is critique but it was not constructive, but as i am sure you notice how people here follow everything you say, that is when it start to get tricky, Your influence(or his) is big, and same as if you say something positive tend to be more "worthy" in any ones eyes, same is when you have something negative to say it can be far more damaging to someone, especially if you do not explain your critique. People are able to understand anything as long as you explain to them, like you did that, you gave opinion and little explanation(it is at all comment not essay on why you do not like it)
Gorodkov, me or anyone else will have something far grater then comment, if that is Constructive Critique or you will get bad reputation. And maybe it wouldn't matter to 90% of people but does it make right?

2014-10-13, 17:50:52
Reply #35

dia

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I dont agree with you Coronaut but i agree with Juraj and i wasnt throwing shit on this guy at all and it was not offensive or personal  i even say the exterior image was best to the guy ? didnt i ?
After all the guy himself making those images this thread is about him and not you right ?

2014-10-13, 18:12:53
Reply #36

Coronaut

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I dont agree with you Coronaut but i agree with Juraj and i wasnt throwing shit on this guy at all and it was not offensive or personal  i even say the exterior image was best to the guy ? didnt i ?
After all the guy himself making those images this thread is about him and not you right ?
Sorry, i do not want to go further criticizing your critique. I know you wasn't bluntly offensive but as i said your words have some weight to them same as Juraj's, if you do not realize that, too bad. You do not have to agree to me but it seems to me that you miss understood some of the things i wrote "throwing shit" doesn't mean actual shit(bad things) but more of any line of text critique etc... Anyhow if you do not get it i wouldn't get in any more confrontation with you about your critique.
Yes tread is about his work, already say that and i did apologize to the man!
Cheers!

2014-10-13, 18:37:39
Reply #37

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page
Nice images. I think some of the interior objects' materials need work, like the wine bottles and some furniture, but overall a very good job.

2014-10-14, 02:40:31
Reply #38

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
BTW i think you should go get Evermotion frontpage with these. Some nice publicity for both you and Corona ;)

2014-10-14, 04:16:51
Reply #39

dartofang

• Active Users
  • @archviztutorial
    • View Profile
BTW i think you should go get Evermotion frontpage with these. Some nice publicity for both you and Corona ;)

:) i agree with rawalanche.. :P

GREAT images man.. congrats on this!

2014-10-14, 10:43:28
Reply #40

deneb26

• Active Users
    • View Profile
really like the mood, color-scheme and lighting.
I very welcome a different style than the usual arch viz. nice job!

Cheers
Ale

2014-10-15, 14:25:45
Reply #41

PACIFIC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks а lot, guys)
it,s my first big project. I take your information, for my next projects :)

2014-10-15, 18:28:24
Reply #42

Image Box Studios

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • IMAGE BOX STUDIOS
Thanks а lot, guys)
it,s my first big project. I take your information, for my next projects :)

very amazing work..btw which HDRI you used with these images, is it peter Guthrie's. also did you increase contrast value greather than 1 in corona renderer under Exposure and color mapping tab.

How did you achieve such amazing contrast..can you show any raw render to us?

Thanks..

2014-10-15, 19:29:46
Reply #43

RolandB

• Active Users
  • Corona fan
    • View Profile
    • Béhance portfolio
Totally agree with Image BSI... and could you explain if you've modified the HDRI... and how (i know Juraj helped us about that, but there is no tutorial to really do that...)
Thanks, and congrats again !
Portfolio on Béhance
http://www.behance.net/GCStudio