Author Topic: Pricing and release date announced  (Read 192312 times)

2014-11-06, 19:18:58
Reply #285

borisquezadaa

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Its always refreshing to come back to this post from time to time.
What i do with Corona My Corona post of random stuff rendering
WARNING: English.dll still loading...

2014-11-06, 19:31:45
Reply #286

tomislavn

• Active Users
  • Lightbringer
    • View Profile
    • My 3docean Portolio
Its always refreshing to come back to this post from time to time.

I simply love cake :D
My 3d stock portfolio - http://3docean.net/user/tomislavn

2014-11-06, 20:22:34
Reply #287

boumay

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I said it became off the reaches of normal because it was downright rude and offending towards developers.

Aah, I understand why you said that now. :)
: ) No, it's not what you thought. You missed the fact where I said that I'm not talking about corona team in these statements, I even repeated it in my last post, I'm talking about SaaS-"only", like adobe and AD are doing. Sorry for your misunderstanding, I think everything is fine then :)
And I also said previously that the corona model is indeed the best, because there is the choice between Box and SaaS. What becomes toxic, is when you remove this choice and go SaaS-only. You'll say that we would then be free to switch package, that's right in theory, but... again, is it that realistic in practice?
And yes, we are in a capitalist free market, where you are free to make your choices... in theory.

If you want to know more, there are a lot of contents explaining the bad consequences of capitalism (as well as communism lol, I won't develop because it is not the place, a good thing is that knowledge is available with internet now.

This has indeed a lot to do with capitalism, this is the law of the strongest, where greed is the motivation, the strongest takes the power, and this system drives him to eliminate anybody else and take a monopoly position, and then troubles begin.
Look at how multinational companies have taken monopolism over all sectors? Google, Microsoft, etc, and look at what results from their behavior.
One quick example that comes in my mind: are we free to use anything else but Windows on pc? In theory, there is linux, but in practice?
Are we free to use blender? Yes, of course, but realistically?
So, you can see that freedom "seems" to be there, when it actually isn't.

@keymaster
I saw you posted while I was writing.
No, I don't say that greed is "caused" by capitalism, of course not. Greed is a bad caracteristic of human being that he has to fight in order to live decently. There is indeed greed in every society, no doubt. But the problem with capitalism is that it encourages and feed greed! No matter who dies on its path. We could talk about the many branches of capitalism, like the debt system and IMF killing poor countries (and even western ones!), privatizations  choking populations, etc, but again, that's not adequate here. :)
No, with capitalism, especially as we are seeing now, no, you won't see another render engine making you lower prices or steal your customers, but you'll see Autodesk coming to your door, buying corona and absorbing you, you'll only be a simple employee of this giant corporation running the corona departement, or you would have sold it to them, being left with nothing you "own".
This may have already occured in the past, and it will certainlly again; you resisted... but for how long? Capitalism business men beast are greedy and keep a watch on you.

All this to explain why sometimes I like to remind people about moral values and good behavior, even if the thread is cg related: to have a better life with our own consciences and with others in society. But this is another topic related to sociology and psychology which I won't develop here of course :)

2014-11-06, 22:25:34
Reply #288

rambambulli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@keymaster. I haven't found anything since I use Corona I can complain about.
Except from this discussion maybe :).

I'm an architect and Corona has  changed my architectural workflow in a very positive way.

We work with a lot with freelance architects on different projects. The fair Saas is perfect for us. We can easily scale up and scale down our business. Very flexible!

btw. We profit from freelancers like real capitalists :)
« Last Edit: 2014-11-06, 22:31:39 by rambambulli »

2014-11-06, 22:52:00
Reply #289

jonas007

This time i will not apologize, and say what a WONDERFULL software this is I WILL JUST SAY WHEN .. MY GOD WHEN ARE YOU GONA RELEASE  CORONA ......!   I HAVE A 20 EURO BILL IN MY HAND AND I WANTO ONE .......PLEASSSEEEEE.  (Like roger rabit ) .........

( hello IS anybody there )

2014-11-06, 23:12:16
Reply #290

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
try inserting it into CD-ROM or throwing at the screen!
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-11-06, 23:16:53
Reply #291

jonas007

NO NO .!! ... THE LAST TIME I DONE SOMETING WITH A 20 euro BILL was in a copy machine and i was arrested ....this time i WANT to do the things right

2014-11-07, 21:10:20
Reply #292

steyin

• Active Users
  • BALLS
    • View Profile
    • Instagram Page

2014-11-18, 23:10:11
Reply #293

mike_kennedy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just wanted to add my two cents on the render node issue :)
Would it be possible to add a monthly price for one work station, and say, 5 nodes, 10 nodes and 20 nodes?

I am the only corona user in my office, so only one workstation would be needed, but depending on the job, I would need more render nodes.

If I am doing stills, 3 even is great, but for an animation, I would need 20.

Would is be possible to offer a stand alone monthly maybe to cover that situation?
I would be going with the monthly, to me it makes the most sense.
We are on Creative Cloud here so I know that's easier to swing for my finance people.
Even a separate monthly fee of 100 Euros for 20 nodes.

Mike K

2014-11-18, 23:13:44
Reply #294

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
There is already a SaaS model for that need, check the latest blog post and you will find something similar to what you are asking for.

Cheers.

2014-11-19, 11:28:20
Reply #295

naikku

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just spoke with our general manager, just a quick discussion. I said we need 5 nodes, he said Box-license would be good but can I get 5 nodes to that.
For now we are just waiting for the release date and to see if get more nodes to Box.

Anyways, boss was ok with ordering, just wait and see about the nodes.
« Last Edit: 2014-11-19, 12:01:53 by naikku »

2014-11-19, 13:23:27
Reply #296

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This has been already answered, and the answer is no, Box license will include 1 workstation 3 Nodes, we asked for it, but it seems there is no plan to change it.

Cheers!

2014-11-20, 16:30:46
Reply #297

ARAKIRI

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Still no news about the release date ??? .....

2014-11-24, 06:29:36
Reply #298

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
Most likely means they are super busy trying to get all the features stable that they promised, for a last day of Nov release :P   Because we all know what will happen if they don't deliver what they promised... no one fools the Internet. 

I'm sure we will hear something in the next few days. A little surprised there is no daily builds though... been 4 weeks since the last one.

2014-11-24, 11:46:52
Reply #299

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
We said it will be released when it is ready, not in november :D
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)